❄︎ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦 ❄︎

𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦

𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦

My soldier was gone again by the time I'd woken up the following day. I figured he couldn't spend all night watching me. He had to sleep too. I think...

To my surprise, when I looked over at the glass service hatch, there was a tray.

I got up, carefully walking over to it. There was a milk carton, a package of Cheerios, and some sort of pastry. I was surprised. I figured the food they had around here was just a bunch of mush or something.

I picked up the milk carton. Man, I could go for some Sunny D right about now.

I hadn't eaten solid food in almost a week; though I sure as hell wasn't about to complain.

After I had eaten, one of the hallway doors opened. I had to stop myself from feeling a sigh of relief after seeing my soldier.

"You ate..." he sounded astonished.

"Yeah. I haven't eaten solid food in days. It wasn't poisoned, was it?" I bit my lip.

"No, they wouldn't bother poisoning your food," he said, very monotone, opening up my cell door. Something had changed in him; he seemed weary, nervous. I walked past him through the door anxiously. He passed me to the other end of the hall, waiting for me to follow like last night.

I recognized the hall he was leading me down. We were going back to the lab. My breathing started to quicken a bit. It was challenging walking towards something so horrid of my own free will. I sort of longed for the grip on my arm that made me feel like none of this was in my control.

My soldier input the password, stepping aside for me to walk into the unnerving lab. When doctor Otto saw me, he put aside everything and rushed over to me, cupping my cheeks.

"Mien Liebchen! I'm so sorry zis has happened to you. I was beside myself when I was informed. Do not worry dear, zat man will not bother you again."

He was moving so fast I had no time to respond by the time the other two scientists grabbed me by my arms again. I instinctively looked back at my soldier like last time. He met my gaze, making it more clear he was looking at me this time around.

I was dressed in the same hospital gown and strapped to the metal table once again.

"How are you feeling after ze treatment?"

"Well, it felt like someone was trying to make twist my intensities into balloon animals," I gritted my teeth.

"Well, yes, zat is to be expected."

The doctor and his assistants began checking my vitals and taking several viles of blood from both my arms. I found myself looking out the glass window where my soldier was positioned by the metal door.