❄︎ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 ❄︎

𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘞𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘌𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘳

𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘞𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘌𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘳

Michael stood in the small kitchen, brewing his coffee at 7:30.a.m as usual. Something about his daily routine seemed different now. Almost melancholy. The team leader sighed as he pulled his cup away from the machine, leaning against the counter and bringing it to his lips.

"Morning," he heard a relatively quiet voice enter the room. Eric's pale blue eyes looked into Michael's brown ones as he sat down at the kitchen island.

"Hey, Eric. Up before Alex? That's a first," the brown-haired man tried to joke.

"I'm not. Alex is on the balcony staring out at the city like a main character," Eric folded his hands. Michael nodded, craning his neck to see if he could get a look at Alex from outside the window where you could see the balcony.

"You want anything?" Michael headed to the fridge.

"Maybe some Sunny D."

The man nearly choked, "really? Since when do you drink that stuff?"

"Since Gwen got me hooked on it."

Michael's eyes saddened a bit at the mention of his female teammate's name. It'd been at least two weeks since she'd been gone, and he had to pretend like he was actively hunting her down with the rest of the Excel team.

Things weren't the same without her. She'd only been with them for two months, yet she held them all together like sticky glue.

None of them admitted it, but they missed her. Especially Alex, who had bonded with her the most during that time. She was the only one whom he had told about what happened to him, how he got his powers. Well, how he truly got his powers. Gwen wasn't the only one keeping her origin story a secret.

Michael grabbed the orange juice, handing it to his younger, blonder teammate. The third teammate had finally decided to make an appearance, strolling in like he owned the place as always. He was good at masking his worry.

"Morning sluts," he grinned.

"Alex," Michael nodded.

"Hm," Eric groaned.

Mornings were a lot quieter nowadays, not as much bickering between Eric and Alex when Gwen wasn't there to laugh at the stupidity or break up the fights.

"Heard any news on Gwen?" Alex asked as he bit into a plain piece of bread.

"Nothing, actually. For some reason, there's still a bounty on Captain America, but they haven't mentioned Gwen at all. It worries me..."

"Maybe they have her," Eric looked up.

"That doesn't make me feel one bit better."

The ringtone to Michael's phone began to go off. He pulled it out, a bewildered look on his face.