❄︎ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘦𝘯 ❄︎

Thanks to the lack of sunlight, I had no idea what time it was when I finally woke up

I assumed I'd slept for a couple hours. I didn't even know what time it was when I went to sleep. It was anyone's guess.

I rubbed my eyes, pounding my fists down on either side of me.

I rolled myself out of bed, putting on my shoes and cracking my back. I looked off to the side where the glass wall was. No one was around. Not even my soldier.

I took this as an opportunity to examine the wall, seeing if I had any possible way out. I noticed a small crack on the surface, no doubt from when my soldier punched it yesterday.

Maybe I could get him to do it again. Maybe.

A few seconds later, the door opened. I expected to see Rumlow and the scientist again, but to my surprise, it was my soldier.

He glanced at me briefly before unlocking the door to my cell. I took a few steps back, not knowing what was to come.

He stood in the doorway and looked at me.

"Let's go," he said, stepping aside.

"Where?"

"I said, let's go."

I figured it'd be best if I didn't make him repeat himself a third time. I hesitantly took a few steps forward, walking past him and into the hall. He quickly grabbed onto the back of my arm, leading me out.

So much for making a run for it.

He dragged me through many halls containing cells and doors with scientists going back and forth. We passed a few tac teams walking in time with their guns held to their chests.

My soldier brought me to the lab I had seen a couple of days ago, imputing the password and pushing me in.

There were way more scientists in lab coats running around today than there were before. That only made me more nervous.

"Soldat! Gwen! Just in time!" Doctor Otto greeted us, removing his goggles. My soldier let go of my arm and stood behind me. The doctor placed his hands on my shoulders, smiling while he looked over me.

"Ready?" He said.

"For what?"

He didn't answer; he only gave me a cheeky smile and walked away- two of his scientists walking over to me and grabbing both my arms. I instinctively looked over my shoulder at my soldier. He eyed me from the corner of his eyes but showed no such indication of sympathy.

They pulled me through the bolted door that led to the adjoining room with the glass window.

There was a metal table in the middle with restraints attached. There were all sorts of medical equipment surrounding the walls. The room was dark with only a little bit of overhead white light.