❄︎ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 ❄︎

𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦

𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦

I awoke from a dreamless sleep, the feeling of a heavy arm around my waist. A sliver of early morning light cascaded through the curtains, lighting up the room.

I groaned, moving to sit up, but I was quickly pulled back down. One thing I hadn't been used to was the sheer strength of the body beside me. Men would always try to manhandle me- and I'd be able to one-up them usually- but not this time. Not that I minded.

I turned over, looking at the sleeping face of the soldier. He hadn't had any more nightmares since I'd been in bed with him. I think all he needed was that support.

And I was right. Super soldiers sure as hell are touch starved. Bucky could barely let go of me last night. And I already knew that their body temperatures run hotter than average, so the contrast of his cool metal arm was the only thing keeping me from dying of heatstroke.

I rubbed my face, pushing some of my messy hair to the side. "Bucky," I tried to coax him awake, "Bucky, wake up."

He groaned before opening his winter blue eyes, smiling at me as he looked upon my face.

"Good morning..." he said sweetly.

"Hey," I responded with a smile.

We continued to gaze into each other's sleepy eyes for a bit longer before I threw the covers off.

"We should get going. I don't think we should stay in one place too long," I told him as I began to pull my clothes back on. He watched me, a look of admiration washing over his features.

As much as I was happy in the moment, I couldn't ignore the persistent feeling of dread tugging at the back of my head.

Where do we go now?

Do we go back to D.C?

The best thing I could think of was Steve. We needed to find Steve.

That is if he's still alive.

The last time I saw him was on that bridge, and he was being taken away in handcuffs by Hydra.

I had to instill the thought in my mind that he was still alive. He had to be.

I honestly didn't know where to go without him.

Bucky and I dressed, grabbing everything we had brought in. I decided to wrap up the bloody bed sheets and bring them along, now wanting to traumatize the housekeepers.