❄︎ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘖𝘯𝘦 ❄︎

God, did my head hurt

I'd had concussions before, but nothing quite like this.

My eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the bright white light. My eyes scanned the area, noticing how I was in a hospital gown and hooked up to IVs and censors.

I started to panic, the fear of being back in the Hydra lab washing over me. I could feel my breathing becoming ragged as I attempted to move, only to cringe in complete pain.

The only thing that managed to calm me down, bringing me to my senses, was a rather large hand holding onto mine.

His hand was warm, comforting. My eyes glanced to my left, recognizing the blonde hair and blue eyes of Steve Rogers. I couldn't help my smirk.

"So we're onto hand-holding now?" I joked, laying my head back on the pillow.

His eyes flicked to me, a relieved smile adorning his face. "Grade three concussion, two broken ribs, severed nerves, a hole in your side, and you can still make jokes?"

I chuckled, sitting up a bit. "Well, you know me."

"That I do."

We smiled at each other a moment, my eyes sweeping over Steve's equally bad bruising. I'd forgotten he fought off an entire tac team singlehandedly while I only dealt with one man.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He nodded, sighing as he did. "I'm okay. You?"

"Okay..."

He still didn't let go of my hand. My demeanor began to change as I remembered everything that had happened before I passed out. I wanted to tell Steve about what happened. About how his best friend saved me. About how he wasn't who we thought he was. About what he and I had gone through...

"Steve... I-..."

"Don't."

I blinked, "what?"

"You don't have to tell me what happened. I saw everything."

I was astounded. He saw everything? What exactly did he see?

"Who do you think was the one who dragged your mangled ass here?" He smirked at me.

I rubbed my face, confusion starting to overwhelm me. "Um... what do you mean exactly?"

"Well, after you dropped me from the helicarrier, I swam to shore and basically waited until the whole thing came down. After that, I saw you being carried from the river. And then I saw you and him..."

I felt heat rise in my cheeks. I'm sure my face would be red if I had enough blood to actually tint it. Steve gave me a sly and knowing look.

"So you and him, huh? When were you going to tell me about that?" He eyed me.