❄︎ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 ❄︎

I woke up at first light, having slept much more than an average person should

I woke up at first light, having slept much more than an average person should. I couldn't tell if I was disappointed or relieved to see the gray ceiling and Washington D.C outside my window.

It meant that everything that happened wasn't actually a dream.

I rubbed my face and crawled out of the comfy bed. I stalked into the bathroom and gazed at myself in the mirror. I did look very miserable, almost sick.

Speaking of sick, that reminded me, my meds.

I hadn't taken them last night, so I sure as hell needed them this morning.

I rushed out of my room and into the common room.

No one there.

I rushed into the kitchen.

There was someone- Someone I hadn't seen yet. He was standing with his back to me, making coffee. He was pretty tall and lean from what I could see, and that wasn't much.

He gasped a little after turning around and seeing me standing there.

"You scared me," he smiled. He had a very kind face, brown eyes and fluffy brown hair. "You must be Gwen. I'm Michael. Michael Stark," he grinned.

"Stark?" I recognized the name.

"Yup. Born and raised," he winked at me while sipping his coffee.

"Are you Tony Stark's son?" I casually asked.

He choked. "No... no, no," he chuckled, "Tony Stark is actually my uncle."

"I didn't know he had a brother... or sister."

"There's a lot people don't know about him." Michael circled the rim of his cup with his finger.

"So, what's your whole deal?" I folded my arms. I wondered if he was "high up" enough to know where the fuck I could find my meds.

"Oh... well, actually, I'm head of the team. The 'leader' if you want to call it that," he looked away bashfully. Clearly, he was humbled by his leadership position.

"Cool. Do you know where I can find my meds?" I bluntly asked.

"I... sorry?"

"My medication. I may not be in the psych ward anymore, but I still need to fulfill my medical obligation of taking pills." I kept a very straight face.

He looked at a loss for words. Looks like no one told him where I came from exactly. He cleared his throat, "I can uh... put in a call about it..."

He slowly and uncomfortably left the room. I smirked to myself, amused with how I was able to freak him out like that.

"That was painful to watch," the voice of Alex sounded behind me. He was leaning against the door frame. I ignored him and walked around to the fridge.