Chapter 28 - Battle of keto hill 2

Outskirts of keto. Northern defensive point.

Japanese column.

January 5th, 1774 

Smoke whisked around the battleground with the sounds of hailing gunfire between two forces as the clashes with the battlefield started to intensify, both forces fired back with the weapon of choices, with the thurms at the high position, uses their cannons and automatic cannons which soon became a problem for the infantry on the ground. With many taking cover from the vehicles at the column, they fired back as a feeling of a stalemate was about to transpire. Within the command vehicle, general Yoshida and Major Soka, gawk within their binoculars, to see the current progress of the assault. Both commanders looked at each other with a pleasing look, seeing that the fight against the thurms wasn't as bad as they thought. with current communication that no combatants within their side were killed. The situation was in their favor, and seeing the high casualty rate from the thurms, Yoshida soon realized that their fighting conscripts. Then proper soldiers. 

"Fighting conscripts then proper soldiers, feels like I'm back in Iraq."

"How the hell did they not hit their targets."

Yoshida questions the thurms military abilities seeing that none of his forces wasn't shot down from the thurms despite having a good advantage point, even at the princess Elizabeth's forces no casualties were reported showing that their current operation was not good as they thought. With yoshida taking a good look the sight of his two types 87 IFV moving near the bridge was a good intention, while the current battle was on the way, yoshida understands that even with the bridge being destroyed, his vehicles can cross the river without any problems, but even that endeavors for them wouldn't for their allies who use mainly horses and knowing that there no bridge for them to move upon, it would postpone the column. Seeing the bridge's importance immediately took command, looking at Soka who was at the radio appliance as he tapped his shoulder causing Soka to look back at Yoshida.

"Inform 2nd armored platoon to advance to the bridge."

Hearing his request, Soka then switches his radio to the second armored platoon and hearing static turns to a proper voice like he immediately commanded the vehicles to head in the front.

"Requesting for 3 armored vehicles to head in front."

"Roger!"

With the command being given, the vehicles within the road soon at the side as an outcome a type 74, from the 2nd armored platoon. With its long barrel and camouflage, the shocked faces from the thurms were clear to see, halting their live shootout to be dumbfounded by the MBT. The appearance of the vehicle made the soldiers intimidated by the silhouette of the vehicle and seeing the long cannon being bigger than there. The realization hit them hard.

"IT'S A FUCKING MONSTER!"

The cries from the soldiers soon turn into a firestorm, with many beginning to aim at the shot with many shooting it directly. The cannons and the Gatling all fired at the single vehicle, moving along as IFV and soldiers around fired back at the hill. Their faces were horrified to see that none of their shots was able to penetrate it, they continued shooting at the tank, within the vehicle the commander looked out at the hill within his cupola. Seeing that many are targeting his vehicle, he chuckles at the sight and looks back at his gunner as he too questions their reason for aiming at them.

"Motherfuckers are still going at us despite showing that it's helpless!"

The gunner remarked. The commander has chuckles at the situation he got himself into and seeing that there getting close to the position he looks radios the driver