Chapter 38 - Turning tide.

Happy new year guys. :D

- smokey

[========================]

Port of Katrina, the northern region of the aetesian empire.

January 13, 1774.

The sky was cloudy and the breeze was cooler than before, a look around the dock itself was far more damaged than the marines expected with many damaged ports and buildings around, the use of the port would be difficult to be used for the marines. Although the damage what they have done earlier was quite worth the intention, this damage gave them barely any casualties were reported from the marines, with some being friendly fires and the early helicopter invasion, around fifteen were killed in action; having the engineers be given to fix the standing port, the bay was brim with landing crafts and destroyed warships around.

The battle within the city was tougher than they expected, with many indoor and outdoor battles happening after the landing of the marines, although their weapons were outdated, there was still a threat having with the division that was stationed at port Katarina was full trained regiments, it was the first battle which saw marines getting casualties at the battle incursion. With the three large destroyed wrecks of the battleships, were flipped except for one, facing towards the endless waters, its hull was submerged after being hit by a  harpoon, having this ship be least eligible of being pulled out was quite a headache for the marines to joy, having to clear out a bay and fix up its very damaged port, for marines to use, some looking beyond the damaged wrecks of the shop wonders if they haven't just joined alongside the japanese during the northern counteroffensive.

With the port being under construction from the marine engineers and the equipment and vehicles seen being unloaded from the landing craft, major general Alex Joanne smokes out from the destroyed wall, which he and his officers watch out a clear view of the bay, having this feeling of uncertainty was felt from the two thurmifiman officers, with both handcuffed after marines finding them out hand raised hiding from an old barn. Both wore their same uniform, both felt bad and their clothes didn't look more honourable than before; both looked down towards the table too scared to look at their enemies, who they dub japanese. 

Both of the officers glance towards the frontman, with them not being similar to the men that they had seen dropping from the hovering metal beast, unlike those men the soldiers they gazed at looked more like officers than soldiers, the men all looked towards their destroyed defensive around the port, they both looked towards the bay and to see their prestige battleships be nothing but destroyed hunk of metal, the uncertainty of there these powers grows within the officers with the tension being felt thicker. Both officers had the urge to leave this destroyed room, but being handcuffed and being watched by two marines beside them they sat and continued idling along. As Alex turned towards the officer after checking the progress, soon after both officers were glared upon by the major, and with his giant scar at his right hand gave immediate intimidation. 

Momentarily after, marines armed with M27 moved closer behind at both officers and having them hear their stomps scared both of the men, trembling in fear, they quickly begged.

"NO! Please don't kill us!"

Saying out loud, made Alex scoff at the response, to hear his response the officer looked confused, to see the marines just chuckling from the response, the general they expected in the front quickly after responding.

"So.. I'm guessing you are both officers from that empire you'll the thurms…I'm surprised by the appearance you wearing, very unfashionable looking to say.''

Being commented on by his apparel, the officer felt quite embarrassed but other than that, he continued cackling along and quickly after, Alex turned towards the marine beside him and soon after, the marine grabbed a tray behind them and placed it in front of the officers a hot drink they looked back to the general confusion.