Chapter 43 - battle in the alervon sea

The Aetesian-Thurman borders are 5kms from Kidder.

1st Royal Guard, and 11th infantry regiment.

January 16, 1774. 7:30 AM.

The weather was opaque and the smell of the scattered corpses along the fields plagued the fumes of the air. A mile-long line of men marched through the countryside, some riding while others walked by the boot. They headed towards the nearby camp commanded by one of the few commanders of Queen Jermisha. She could comprehend the war she had dug for her country yet victory was essential for her to gain a substantial boost in morale.

Despite her forward march, her enthusiasm was disgruntled from the recent events that had occurred; The forces that she once admired were embarrassingly defeated at Alervon's capital by militants and nearby royal forces from Alervon. She felt that taking the sollan wouldn't be easier as she expected. Yet she was still persistent and resumed the war for her country. The advancement towards the next camp wouldn't be lengthy, reports of the camp Diamond wyvern reconnaissance units reported that both America and Japan are steering their direction towards the nearby town not far from camp diamond.

Jermisha after gazing from the morning sky soon faces General Pattinson, he was hesitant from speaking not wanting to anger his majesty's mood any further, but even so, Jermisha soon after opens herself for discussion.

"You must wonder General Pattinson," she let out as she faced back towards the morning sky, "what do you think would've been the outcome if our relations with the Americans or Japanese started clean? Would anything drastic happen for our country?"

A cold response could trigger a nerve within his majesty. He gulps and is shaken by her question yet he answers something truthful towards Queen Jermisha.

"..To be frank... our country would have grown far more massively if we had opened our doors formally, to the Americans and japanese. The empire would still be powerful and would just avoid them yet ever since the Artesian war and tension for them being in our territory, I don't think we can make diplomatic considerations."

General Pattinson understood that his words would lead him to his execution but speaking of the truth had her quite reserved, having heard her general's truthful reply. For her, it was too far back for her to make something of a change, a country she villainized made everyone see the Thurmifiman empire as a country that doesn't surrender. She hated the idea of making a surrender treaty for them, knowing that she would be either overthrown or killed by the monsters and beasts that her officers reported back from the frontline.

Indignation, Jermisha wasn't timid or apprehensive toward the two forces, a general and a royal queen with over fifteen years of service during the fight against the elves below. She was eager to fight them with her elite force and her division and wanted to defeat them with this all-in-one force she had organized. In the distance, the sun covers the camp at the hill yet she glimpses within it from the rays of the sun which blocks a clear sight of the camp.

She was rather complacent because her army didn't fall victim to an ambush, despite the looming threat of total capitulation in the hands of American and Japanese forces. She turned her gaze towards an officer.''Inform the officers posted at Camp Diamond to convey to me their latest reports of their recent scouting's me along with the current circumstance, and I'll have my forces be up to it, I had heard that before our departure that a town in aetesian called Kidder would be the next orientation there steering."

"Yes.." Pattinson replied, "Both ground and air have been following them for the past three days since the landing of the American forces at port Katrina, and you have correctly predicted to your majesty that they would be heading towards the kidder.."