A white dream

Hello everyone!
Thank you for your support!
Have fun!
Bin-blown
————————
Dudley and Harry dropped out of school and started working. They knew that Ms Figg wanted at least 15 thousand each. 30 thousand pounds that they had to earn as quickly as possible. It would take them at least a year and a half to get enough.

Both him and Dudley had two works in two factories, they would be at home only during the morning. They tried to spend as little money as possible: they ate only once a day and showered every two days, they used candles instead of electricity. They weren't home most nights anyway.

They went on with this routine for nine months. They collected almost twenty thousand, they could see their safe place already. They knew that their mother was a fighter and they started thinking that maybe she would be back.
But obviously hope has to be crushed.

27th of October 1994. Petunia Dursley was killed by a roommate for her pay. Someone she trusted killed her for money.

"-We are sorry for your loss but you will have to come with us" The soldier said not looking sorry at all.
"Alright I'm going" Harry said instantly.
"Don't you dare Harry, I'm going, mom would be disappointed if I didn't protect you" Dudley said.

"I think that there is a misunderstanding, you both have to come with us, as representative of the Evans and Dursley family." The soldier said.
"I'm sorry? I'm a Dursley" Harry said, he had a bad feeling about this.
"Lilian Rose Evans declared that you are her son and said that you wouldn't let her or your brother, Adrian James Potter, participate."

"That-She-" Harry didn't know what to say. His mother always told him that Lily abandoned him because she couldn't keep him. Lily is sending her son to war. She wanted to get rid of him.

The soldier sighed, he hated this work but it was better than dying at the front. "If you don't participate I'll have every right to kill you for treason so move along"

Harry was feeling numb, he was going to die. He was set on protecting his brother, he was the most important thing left. He would fight, he was not going to die easily.

——————————————
Harry and Dudley were taken to the military camp. The training was three weeks long and at the end of the third week there would be an exam. If you didn't pass it you would get sent to a factory and make weapons. You worked for 18 hours a day and many didn't survive.

Harry and Dudley did their best but Dudley was never a sport lover, he had big problems during physical training. Harry was concerned but knew that Dudley was intelligent enough to pass the other exams.
Harry didn't know that Dudley was cheating during the intelligence tests.

Three weeks passed. Harry thought that dying didn't sound so bad, he was completely exhausted and sick of soldiers who looked at him like he was dirt. That place was hell.
Today was the exam day and he was confident that both him and Dudley would survive.

They started the written exam where questions about maths, physics, science and literature were asked. Harry was doing his best but sincerely thought that this questions were too easy. Not that he complained.

"You. Dursley." A soldier said. Harry turned as he heard his brothers name.
"Do you really think that we are so dense to not see that you're cheating? I thought that your brother gave you a bit of his wit. Seems not" Harry froze. Dudley wouldn't cheat right? He looked at his brother in the eyes and Dudley mouthed 'I love you' before a bullet pierced his skull.

Harry was familiar with death but this was the first time he saw a corpse. It was his brother's corpse.

——————————————
Harry changed. Everyone he cared about died. He would never forget his brother's dead body. He was going to survive for his family.