14. It's Okay To Cry

Date: November 18th

He was scared. Of course he was scared. It's not like what he did wasn't insanely dangerous. His father found out about it months ago, but he didn't really care. That wasn't surprising considering his father couldn't give a shit about him though.

He kicked his feet lightly and leaned back against the brick wall, staring at the road where all the cars were driving by. The street was busy tonight. He was mainly having fun talking to everybody, forgetting why he was even here in the first place.

The past couple of weeks had been boring because he didn't talk to Beomgyu. In Beomgyu's view, he felt guilty that he hurt Taehyun's feelings by flinching. But the situation just made Taehyun remember why he was iffy about becoming friends with Beomgyu in the first place.

He didn't wanna hit him.

He was currently talking to two girls, both in similar situations as him. They needed money and this was the easiest way to get it. It was a busier part of Seoul so the chances of getting caught were slim. The cops were busy with worse things and most people were too busy to notice a prostitute on the side of the road.

Most.

Taehyun heard a loud engine and looked to the side, his pupils dilating at the white Corvette that pulled up next to them. The richest obviously had a lot more money to spend, but they were always looking for the girls. Well in Taehyun's case, he was very attractive so a lot of people chose him.

The man rolled down the passenger window and waved Taehyun over, making the girls squeal and push him forward. He chuckled and got in the car before looking at the man. He looked to be in his mid-forties, which was something he could work with.

"How much will it cost for the night? My wife is..." he shook his head. "Not exactly loyal if you know what I mean."

Taehyun's eyes widened and he nodded. "Um... $800."

"That little? Damn, every other one I've found was expensive as hell."

Taehyun always tried to not be awkward, but it was hard when they talked to him, so he awkwardly laughed a little bit. They drove a little bit to get to the richer part of town and got out of the car.

It was unsurprisingly a mansion, which led to maids telling him to ask them for anything and soon showing him where the master bedroom was. It was surely strange considering he was just there to have sex with this guy though.

*The next morning*

Taehyun woke up to no one beside him. Unsurprising. He stood up and walked downstairs with a little bit of a limp, tying the robe around himself and trying to remember where the kitchen was.

When he found it, he sat at the island to rest for a second and jumped when he heard a voice behind him.

"You're my dad's prostitute?" Taehyun quickly turned around and both of them gasped when they recognized each other.

What the hell?

"Your dad hires prostitutes?"

"You are a prostitute?" Soobin asked.

Taehyun groaned and rubbed his temple for a moment. "Are you gonna tell anybody?"

"Of course not." Soobin walked passed him to get a bottle of water from the fridge. "I may not be fond of you, but I'm not gonna ruin your bad boy reputation." He turned to face Taehyun. "Beomgyu likes you, you know."

"I do."

"He told us what happened. That he hurt your feelings by flinching. You genuinely... have no disliking of him?"

Taehyun shrugged and then shook his head. "I've been ignoring him because him flinching reminded me that I promised myself I wouldn't hurt him. And I don't want to, so I'm just staying away from him."

Soobin's eyes widened. "You don't choose who you hit? You have to promise yourself not to hit someone?"

"You make me seem insane."

Shaking his head, Soobin walked over to stand next to him. "Why don't you just... stop?"

"If you knew the things I went through, you would understand why I'm so defensive and violent."

It was obvious that it wasn't something to be said to a stranger, so Soobin just nodded in understanding instead of asking him about it. "Did my dad pay you?" Taehyun nodded. "Come on. I'll drive you home."

It was strange because they didn't really know each other. They knew of each other obviously. Soobin was everybody's favorite person, and Taehyun was everyone's least favorite person. But Taehyun realized why everyone loved Soobin.

He was so kind the entire car ride to his house. He just joked around with him and told him what Beomgyu had been saying. He hadn't said one bad thing about Taehyun. He didn't say Taehyun hurt him or forced him to do anything. Taehyun asked him before doing anything and even cried (which made Taehyun huff when Soobin informed him that Beomgyu told all of them that).

"Everybody cries, Taehyun," Soobin said as they pulled up to his house. "Beomgyu didn't tell us why, but he said you did. Don't be afraid to."

Taehyun nodded and thanked him before getting out of the car and going into his house to get ready for school. He took Soobin's words to heart.

It's okay to cry.