33. Moving

Date: March 18th

Time: 9 a.m. for Beomgyu, 10 p.m. for Taehyun

Beomgyu:
I miss you.

Taehyun:
I know. I miss you too.

Taehyun:

Taehyun:It's some stupid thing for Drama

Taehyun:
It's some stupid thing for Drama.

Taehyun:
Also our teacher finally came back. You'll be able to meet her in April.

Beomgyu:
Is she nice?

Taehyun:
Kind of. A little bit overly dramatic, but other than that, she's fine.

Beomgyu:
Okay

Beomgyu:
Also, you look really good in that picture. Damn.

Taehyun:
Thank you lmao.

Beomgyu:
So how have things been going with your dad?

Taehyun:
Same thing as usual lately. He's become more of a caring person and I don't know why. Same thing lol.

After talking for a little bit longer, Beomgyu went up to his hotel room to get ready to go hang out with Corie and stopped at the door when he heard his parents talking inside.

"We should tell him."

"He has to start liking New York more first. Show him it's better than Seoul."

"That's the thing. It's not better than Seoul. I'm just moving here with you because you're my husband."

Beomgyu's eyes widened and he opened the door, making them both look at him. "What are you guys talking about?"

His mom sighed. "Your father got a job offer here. That's why we came here to see what the city was like."

No.

Beomgyu furiously shook his head. "You said we were gonna stop moving after moving to Seoul!"

In reality, he wouldn't mind staying. He liked it here. But Taehyun got accepted into college in Seoul, and that's where Beomgyu was staying.

"You're an adult," his dad said. "You can choose to stay here or go back."

He had to choose between his parents and Taehyun? That was both the hardest and easiest decision ever. He stormed out of the hotel and got in Corie's car, making her eyes widen at how angry he looked.

"You okay?"

"I think my parents are moving here and they want me to too."

She nodded and it was silent for a few moments while they drove to wherever it was they were going. "Would that be such a bad thing?"

"Uh... duh!" He exclaimed. "My friends are back in Seoul. And Taehyun's back in Seoul."

"Why can't Taehyun come here?"

"He has school," he mumbled. "He got accepted into a really good university."

"I tried college." Oh yeah. Beomgyu honestly forgot she was a few years older than him. "I never liked it though. I would advise him away from that."

Beomgyu shook his head. "He needs this, and I need to be there for him."

She nodded and they parked in front of a coffee shop. When they went inside, got drinks, and sat down, Beomgyu sighed when the conversation started back up.

"Isn't New York better though? Aren't there a lot of cool things here?"

Beomgyu looked out the window and saw that yes, it was nice. But of course, Taehyun was missing.

That's all he cared about and Corie didn't seem to realize that.

"Yeah, I like it..." he said. "It's nice. The people are surprisingly kind for the most part and yeah, there are a lot of fun things here, but-"

"Your boyfriend. Right." She smiled and grabbed his hand. "Beomgyu, if I've learned anything, it's to not let a man hold you back. If you really wanna move here, don't go back just because of love."

Beomgyu was going back, but he nodded at her words anyway and...

Oh no.

She leaned across the table to kiss him and he would've screamed if he wasn't sitting there in shock. When she pulled away, he looked at her while holding back tears.

"Excuse me for a moment," he said, grabbing his phone and walking out to get in a cab.

He calmly got out and went up to his hotel room, relieved when he saw that his parents weren't there. While he was packing up his stuff after buying a plane ticket back to Seoul, he saw a small box on his bed.

Curiously, he opened it, seeing another velvet black case.

No. He sighed. Corie didn't get him a necklace, did she?

No no no.

When he opened it, he saw a note taped to cover the necklace.

"For my beautiful boy.

Love,
Taetae (still hate it ㅋㅋㅋ)"

Beomgyu excitedly smiled and pulled the note off, gasping when he saw it. The amethyst and aquamarine pendants were still there, but now there was silver heart in between them.

He could literally start fanboying because of how much he loved it.

It made him realize something and he looked at his wallpaper that was a picture of Taehyun. He wasn't completely sure about where he wanted to go before, but now he knew.

"I'm coming home to you Taehyun," he said before carefully putting the necklace back in the safe box and continuing to pack up his stuff.