One Shot- Y/n, I love you

"I... I have something to tell you," Klaus said. "Remember that one day in fourth grade, and it was raining outside, and we danced together in the rain at recess?"

"Of course I remember," I said with a smile and a small laugh. "You told me you couldn't take your eyes off me because I was so beautiful."

"I still can't stay away," Klaus agreed, smiling back. "But, there was something else I wanted to tell you."

"Oh, yeah," I said. "You kept getting interrupted."

"Well, here it is," he said. He took a deep breath, then cupped my face and leaned forward, placing a kiss on my forehead. "Y/n... I love you."

This one shot is a backstory for the excerpt above.

4th Grade

Y/n's POV:

I sat in my Language Arts class, staring out the window as the rain poured outside. The classroom was silent except for the quiet scribbles of pencils and the flipping of pages as everyone took their test. I had finished my test about an hour ago, and had taken to watching the rain, wishing I could dance in it instead of watching from afar.

"Y/n," Klaus whispered, gently poking my shoulder.

I sighed and turned my attention to him. "What?" I whispered back.

He smiled and slipped something into my hand. His touch made my heart flutter, but he pulled away after handing me whatever the thing was. I opened my palm and saw a piece of my favorite candy, then smiled excitedly and popped it in my mouth, giving Klaus's hand a grateful squeeze. He turned back to his test, and I looked out the window again until class was over.

Klaus's POV:

The bell rung after about an hour of class, which meant that it was time for recess. Y/n stood up and bounced to the door expectantly, already pulling her raincoat on. I followed behind her, digging my own raincoat out of my backpack.

"We're not going outside today," our teacher, Ms. Johnson, said. "It's too wet."

"But I have a raincoat and rain boots and even extra clothes just in case!" Y/n pleaded.

Ms Johnson sighed, knowing that Y/n loved the rain."You can't go on your own," she said.

Y/n perked up and glanced at me. I smiled and nodded, agreeing to her request before she even asked. "Klaus could come with me," she said.

Ms. Johnson shook her head. "That's even worse than you going alone," she said. "You two are a mess together."

"Yeah, we know," I said with a slight chuckle.

"Please, please, please, please, please?" Y/n asked. "We can go with Mr. Reese's class! Look, they're in the hallway."

Ms. Johnson sighed again. "You have to ask him," she said. "If he says no, just come back in here."

Y/n giggled and grabbed my hand, pulling me out into the hallway and rushing over to Mr. Reese. "Mr. Reese!" she called loudly. He turned around and smiled at her.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Can we come outside with your class?" she said. "Ms. Johnson said it was okay if you said it was okay."

Mr. Reese laughed and nodded. "Yes, you can come out with us. You need to burn off all that energy, young lady."

Y/n nodded and bounced on her toes, and I carefully tangled our fingers together, savoring every little touch. She smiled excitedly at me, biting her lip. I blushed as I imagined her lips on mine, fantasizing about how passionately I would kiss her if I ever got the chance. Just looking at the beautiful girl in front of me made my heart race, and I wanted so badly to tell her how much I adored her. But she dragged me outside and into the freezing rain before I even got a single word out.