Chapter 26 -Maddie-

-Maddie's P.O.V-

"Luke, wake up" I gently shook him in hope of getting some kind of response. It was Christmas Day and I could hear Luke's family already downstairs with his cousins, aunts and uncles who were also coming. I got up from bed and pulled on some black cotton shorts and Luke's Blink top from yesterday that had been lying on the floor. I brushed my hair and then turned to see Luke sat up slightly in bed.

"Do I have to get up?"

"It's Christmas and I'm pretty sure your family are waiting for us. Also, I want to give you your present so hurry up"

"Is it a repeat of last night?" He winked and smirked and I rolled my eyes. "Can it be?"

"We'll see" I winked and he got out of bed and put some sweat pants and an a different Blink top.

"Come on, we better go downstairs" He said, pecking my lips before leading us to the living room.

"Morning, Luke, Maddie" Liz said. We both smiled and took the free seats by Celeste. Luke's cousins were opening their presents already. We went through each present. Luke's family had bought me a few small things such as a new phone case and a charm for my bracelet.

"Do you want your present now?" I asked Luke.

"You give me mine and I'll give you yours?" I nodded and went over to grab his while he got mine. We sat down and swapped. "You first, Princess" He placed a small-ish box on my lap. I opened it to see a bunch of tissue paper which I removed. I then saw an envelope. I opened it and saw a card.

Dear Madison,

Merry Christmas, Princess. I hope you like them.

Love, Luke xx

I looked over at Luke who urged me to continue. I removed a couple more pieces of paper until I saw three pieces of card led at the bottom. I picked them up and read them.

"You got me tickets to see All Time Low?" I asked and he nodded. "Thank you so much, Luke" I said, hugging him.

"I know how much you and your sister have been dying to see them, especially since their new songs have come out" I pulled away slightly and kissed his cheek.

"Your turn" I placed the two envelopes onto his lap. He opened the one lableled 'one' first which was the card. I watched as he read it and smiled. He then took the other and opened it, pulling out the contents.

"Blink tickets? Are you serious? Thank you so much" He said, hugging me tight.

"You're welcome. You've always wanted to see them live"

"You got five?" He asked, counting them.

"So you can take the boys. I knew they'd be jealous otherwise"

"And the fifth?"

"For me. I want to see Blink before I die too" He chuckled slightly and hugged me again. He let go slightly and kissed me, making his cousins groan in disgust.

"Thank you" He whispered as he pressed our foreheads against one another.

"Thank you" I replied.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

************

"Dinner's ready" Liz shouted across the garden to where we were. We were eatting outside and Luke and I had been playing with Zoe.

"Merry Christmas" Andy said, raising his glass once we were all sat down. We all did the same before starting to eat. After around 20 minutes we were all finished and were talking around the table. Myself, mostly to Celeste and Jack, Luke had gone inside with Ben five minutes ago. They came back a couple of minutes later and sat down. Luke was biting his lip ring and playing with his fingers in his lap.

"Luke, are you OK?" I asked, quietly.

"I'm fine"

"You seem nervous"

"Trust me, I'm fine, Princess" He said and kissed my forehead.

*************

"Maddie, can I talk to you?" Luke asked as I stood talking to Jack. I nodded and watched as Jack walked over to Ben, Liz and Andy.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"It's more me talking to you"

"Go ahead"

"Madison Marie Williams, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Apart from the band because without that, we would've never met. From the moment you walked into that meeting room I knew you were special. In those months we were fake dating, nothing could have felt more real. I remember Jack's wedding so well, it was the moment I realised that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. And I remember thinking the same thing again when you walked along the runway at New York Fashion Week four months ago. I don't think I could be any prouder of you than I am right now. You've come so far and through so much. So Maddie, what I'm trying to say is" He paused, bending down in front of me and onto one knee as he pulled a box out of his pocket. "Will you marry me?" He opened the small box revealing a beautiful, silver ring.

"Yes" I barely spoke and nodded. Luke stood up and hugged me tightly as we heard shouts and clapping behind us. We turned to see all of his family watching and smiling.

"I love you too, Luke, so, so much"

***************

"I didn't know if you'd like it" Luke said. We were sat outside around the table. His parents, brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles had gone inside now whilst the younger children were playing at the end of the garden. Luke pointed at my ring finger. "The ring"

"I love it. It's simple and perfect. I couldn't have said picked better myself"

"Thanks for saying yes"

"Thanks for asking" He looked over at me and smiled before leaning closer and kissing me gently. We pulled away and I moved closer, letting him wrap his arm around me as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life with you"

"Me neither. It all feels so insane" I stopped remembering our conversation from a few days ago. "I thought you said we were too young?"

"When you truly love someone, age is just another number. When it comes to love, age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, age doesn't matter"

"Wow, that's deep Hemmings"

"I do try, Hemmings"

"Hey, we're not married yet"

"No, but you have agreed to it" He lifted my left hand and pressed a kiss to it.

"Touche"

"I hope we're always like this"

"Me too"

"Also, I could really get used to that"

"To what?"

"Calling you Madison Hemmings. It has a nice ring to it" He winked and kissed my cheek. I smiled and giggled slightly. It went silent for a few minutes, both of us happy in one another's presence. "Merry Christmas, Maddie"

"Merry Christmas, Luke"