Chapter 1 -Luke-

"I'm glad you were able to fit this meeting in. It's very important" One of our managers, Nikki, told us.

"Well, we had today off so it was easy" Ashton told her but we were all pretty bummed about not getting the day off like we'd hoped.

"We're just waiting for another client of mine and then we'll get started" I looked at the time and saw it was 10:13 AM. Whoever it was was already late.

"Who is it?" Michael asked the question we were all thinking.

"Madison Williams" All of the boys looked at me.

"Lukey's going to meet his crush!" Calum screeched, pinching my cheeks. I pushed him off and turned my head in the direction of the door where we could hear footsteps approaching. I watched as she passed the large window and pushed open the door with one hand whilst texting with the other. She placed her bag on the chair next to her as she sat down, still texting. She pulled off her sunglasses and put them in her bag. She put down her phone and took a sip of the Starbucks Ice Latte she had pulled out of her bag.

"Maddie, you're late. Again"

"Sorry, won't happen again"

"You say that everytime. So, what's today's excuse?"

"I stayed at Becky's last night and had to go home and get changed" She said. She did look good though. The boys always wondered why I liked her because she was a dancer and I had never been into dance. I'm in a band for goodness sake but she was talented. She stood up for herself and she really cared about her friends and family. She was a great role model. I just admired her for that I guess. She has money as well, lots of it. Her and her sister own a fashion company. But you can tell they don't spend it on expensive things they don't need. They both have range rovers and they live together in Madison's five bedroom house with their brother but that was the most they'd spent. They shopped in high street stores. You could tell that by the outfit she had on today. Sure, her handbag probably wasn't cheap and neither was the watch I doubt but there was nothing special about the rest that I could see. They were as normal as you could be when you're being pushed into the limelight.

"So, why are we here because I have another meeting in two hours with a designer" She asked.

"Yeah, I cancelled that" Nikki told her and we could all tell Madison was not impressed.

"What? Do you know how long it took me to get that set up?"

"Yes and she understood why I cancelled it so don't worry. She said she'll call you sometime" Nikki said. "Anyway, what I wanted to talk to you guys about is gaining publicity"

"Oh no" Madison mumbled quietly. "Don't you think I've had enough of that with my family over the last year?"

"Bad yes, good definitely not" Nikki answered her. "Which is why we've planned this. Madison, you will be dating one of the boys. Fake dating, obviously"

"How long?"

"6 months to a year. We haven't got the finer details planned. We thought it would be better for us to just set it up originally and then let you do the rest. It'll seem more real then. The only thing we don't know is who is going to date you" All of the attention turned to us.

"Personally, I think Luke should do it" Ashton said and Michael and Calum nodded in agreement.

"Luke, what do you say?" Nikki knew I wouldn't say no and so did the boys. I nodded, telling her I'd do it and looked over at Madison trying to figure out her emotion. I couldn't.