Chapter Seven

[ Halloween, 1993 ]

[ Halloween, 1993 ]

2 weeks later...

AUTUMN'S POV

It's been two weeks since I found out about Joshua's secret to use the 'so called' Eclipse as a pond in his plan, god knows what the hell he's planning, but me and Kai have been keeping an eye on Joshua. And the minute I told Kai about his father's plan? He seemed more curious than I was, so we've been working together to track down this Eclipse in our coven. Honestly, one of the hardest things I have faced, how is one supposed to tell? I mean, it's not like we can know by blood...or can we?

Anyways, Kai has been spying on Joshua, and I've been spying on my parents to see if we can get any information about this Eclipse member, and on top of all that, me and Jo have gotten close. I haven't had a girl best friend since Annabelle and speaking of the witch, ever since the River's party? She hasn't talked to me since, don't know what that's about but I have the strangest feeling that will surface up later on.

Witches intuition and it being Halloween? Yup, doesn't help that feeling.

Also, today will be a long ass day because, in the Gemini Coven, we have to participate in certain rituals. And today's the day we talk to our ancestors and ask one question that they can either answer or foreshadow to us. Also, Halloween is the only day of the year that can be done, and apparently, we're the only coven that can communicate with our ancestors from what I've been told. But not sure if that's true or not...Gemini's seem to think they've created everything, you know? Being an old coven and all, Gemini's are arrogant.

Okay, going back to the topic of friendship, not only did I get close to Jo, but me and Kai have been spending a lot of time together. It feels like we've always been friends, and now...I can't see my life without the Parker's in it. I know. I know. I get attached easily, but I've been through a lot with them in a short period. I think these are acceptable emotions just saying.

Well, I hope. 

Once I was out of my own head, I looked out the window and watched the wind gently drag the leaves across my driveway. The sun peeks out of the clouds every so often because, in Portland, it's mainly cloudy in this time of year which doesn't bother me, I hate the heat. My eyes scanned the houses around my little neighborhood; they were all decorated for Halloween with carved pumpkins next to every door, cobwebs around bushes and trees. They also had fun decorations like ghosts, skulls, witches, and vampires.

I live in the Gemini territory that also has some humans living in it, but our headquarters is cloaked, so no human can see it. It's only 10 minutes away from my house, and not many humans live around the territory. It's pretty far from the city and who would want to travel 30 minutes to get some groceries? I wouldn't if I was human and for the crazy humans who do? Joshua has told us to act normal around them, which is why we witches decorate our houses stereotypically.