v

Denali's POV:
I stepped into my home with a slightly groan. I had a great day at school but I was completely exhausted and I was very hungry. I walked into the house and Tony was standing in the kitchen.

"TONY?!" I exclaimed.
"Hey~" He smirked.
"What are you doing here?" I snarled.
"Well I invited him." My mother said as she walked down the stairs. "He has volunteered to make dinner."
"Why would you invite him?" I whispered.
"Because I'm your boyfriend, Denali." Tony chuckled.

I gave him a death stare and ran up to my room.
"Denali!" I heard my mother yell.
I slammed my door close and I silently sobbed.
I really couldn't escape Tony. No matter what.
A few hours passed and I eventually had to join my mother and Tony at the dinner table.

I reluctantly took the seat next to Tony and I looked at my dinner plate.
"Salmon, sweet potato gnocchi and steamed vegetables on the side." Beamed Tony.
Even though Tony was an awful person, the guy could cook. I quickly finished my dinner and stood up to go back to my room.

"Denali! Wouldn't you want to spend time with your boyfriend? He came all this way and made us this wonderful dinner." Said my mother.
"No, I don't want to spend time with Tony. I'm just tired and I want to go to bed early." I stammered.
"It's only 7:30, are you okay, darling?"
"Yup! Absolutely fine!" I stuttered.

I raced up the stairs and locked myself in my room.
I couldn't tell my mum the truth. If I had to tell her, I'll have to tell her my secret and then she'd probably disown me. It's hard enough for her to be a single mother so, how would she react when she knows the truth?

I sat on the floor and kept my ear on the door to listen to Tony and my mother speaking. I only left my room when Tony finally left the house to go home. It was now 9:15 pm.
I slowly opened my door and I saw my mum with a concerned look on her face.

"What is up with you today?" Asked my mother.
"Just stressed from all my schoolwork and ice skating. My coach has been in a bad mood all week."
"Oh, I see."
"Anyway... Kahmora invited me to her house for a sleepover. May I go?" I lied.
"Of course, I'll see you tomorrow."

I quickly packed a bag with my pyjamas and my uniform for the next day. I had never felt so uncomfortable in my own home. I was lying to my mum, not just then but, every day. I knew Kahmora would let me stay for the night. I quickly called her and waited for her to answer.

"Kahmora?"
"Oh- h-hey Denali!"
"Could I stay over for tonight? Things are weird at home right now."
"Oh! Yeah! Sure! Mik shut up!"
"Is Mik there with you?"
"Oh! Hey gorge!" I heard Mik exclaim.
"We were working on our group performance for music." Olivia said.
"Oh cool, I'll see you all in 5."
"Bye!" The three said before hanging up.

I arrived at Kahmora's home and opened the door. I quickly greeted her parents before walking up to her bedroom. I heard a few giggles and some absolute chaos.

"Hey guys."
"Nali! Hey!" Said Kahmora.
"Sorry that this was super last minute, home is just really weird right now."
"It's okay, you're welcome anytime."

After a bit of awkward silence, I put my bag down and joined the others. We started to talk about our upcoming exams and Olivia's newfound crush. It lasted for a while until I heard someone walking to the door.

"Ok, so I have a new idea and I think it'll be good for me and-." Said Rosé who was glued to her phone. She looked up at me and I waved in return.
"OH! H-hey Denali! When did you get here?"
"Hi Rosie. I arrived a few minutes ago."
"Sorry, we forgot to tell you." Said Mik.

Rosé's face went red but she soon walked up to me and welcomed me with a huge hug.
"Looks like it's a sleepover party?" I said.
"SLEEPOVER BITCHES!" Yelled Mik.