xiii

Denali's POV:

1 month later...

Walking into school was weird for the next weeks. Rosé wasn't there to greet me, welcoming me with her morning hugs. She wasn't there to walk with me to first period and wasn't there to sit with me during all our classes.

Instead, immediately after taking her books from her locker, she walked to class by herself and sat in the back with the girls.

During lunch time, I felt alienated. I was feeling reluctant walking towards my usual table with my friends. From what I saw, the girls barely noticed I wasn't amongst them. I looked around the cafeteria and spotted someone I'd never seen before.

Her hair, neon yellow. Her smile, infectious. I waved to her and she soon waved back and then she pointed at the seat next to her. I happily took my seat next to the girl and held my hand out.

"My name is Denali, Junior year."
"And I'm Lemon, Junior year too." She said taking my hand and shaking it.
"So... why haven't I seen you before?"
"I just moved here from Canada."
"Oh! That's really cool."
"Yeah, I kind of miss home, but not all things last."
"I guess so..."

I looked to my right and saw the girls... well I saw Rosé. The one person who I could always count on, I pushed her away. Rosé and the others were laughing, gossiping and having a great time.

I missed them.

"Is that girl your girlfriend?" Asked Lemon as she pointed to Rosé.
"W-what? No!"
"By the tone of your voice, I'm extremely skeptical."
"Rosé, she's my best friend- well... she was my best friend- I d-don't even know if we're friends because some stuff happened and like- it's really complicated, we're not talking but I don't know what my situation with my other friends are and-"

"Woah! Calm down!"
"I'm so sorry- it's been a weird month."
"No problem, I'm sorry for freaking you out."
"No- it's okay..."
"You really like her, don't you? That Rosé girl?"
"Me liking Rosé? No! Never!"
"Uh huh... sure." Lemon stood up and took her lunch tray as she skipped to Rosé's table.

The girls let Lemon sit with them and she joined in their conversation. I noticed Rosé had turned her head and looked at me. She gave me a slight smile and gestured me to sit with the group again.

"It's been 80 years~" Said Mik dramatically as she pulled me down to sit with her.
"Take these as a gift if my token gratitude." I said jokingly in a posh manner. I reached into my bag and handed each of the girls a bracelet each with a customised colour scheme.

"Denali- you absolute genius. We're besties again." Said Kahmora as she admired her bracelet.
"I love these!" Said Olivia as she slipped her bracelet on. "Lemon, I'll make you one tomorrow."
"Really?!" She said excitedly.
"I'm assuming you want to be part of the group." Said Rosé. Rosé took my hand and rested her head on my shoulder.

I missed her touch so much.

Rosé's POV:
"I'm assuming you want to be part of the group."
I said facing Lemon.
"Of course! Thank you guys!" Said Lemon excitedly.
"Well that's settled." Said Gottmik.

"The bell is gonna ring so... I'm gonna head off to my locker now." Said Olivia whilst standing up.
"Yeah me too." Said Kahmora, joining Olivia.
The rest of the table looked at each other and we all walked together towards our lockers.

I was slightly behind the group and I felt someone tug on my hand. "Wait..." I turned my head and I looked at Denali with pleading eyes. "Can we talk for a quick second?"

It had been a few weeks since Denali had friend-zoned me. I still was extremely hurt, but Denali was my kryptonite. I nodded and we both found an empty classroom to talk.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" I asked.
"I wanted to take some time to apologise." Denali muttered. "I- I just- I just can't believe that I hurt you. You are the most of important person to me and I am so sorry. I'm glad we're finally talking again but, I want you to be my best friend once more. I really need you." Denali teared up and she covered her face.

"Oh Nali..." I took Denali into my arms and I held her tightly. "Please... please don't cry Nali... it's okay." Denali wept and her breath was shaky. Denali softly mumbled under her breath and she sniffed. "Sorry, did you say something?" I asked as I slowly let her go. "I-its was nothing..." Denali stammered. "I'll see you in class."

Denali left the classroom immediately and I could hear her running away in the hallway.

Weird.