xii

Rosé's POV:
I was kissing Denali. Everything felt so right when I was with her and time just stopped. My arms were around her neck, her hands on my hips and our lips connected. It wasn't the most ideal situation, I was covered in egg and sobbing, but it somehow felt perfect.

Suddenly, Denali pulled away.

"I'm so sorry-" Denali turned away from me and ran her fingers through her hair "I- I just didn't expect that..." Denali took a deep breath and faced me once more. "Yeah- I'm so sorry- I didn't warn you."

"Can I ask you something?" Denali asked as she crossed her arms.
"Of course." I replied.
"W-why... why did you kiss me?"
"The question really should be why wouldn't I kiss you?"
"I-I'm sorry?" I took Denali's hands and held them.

"Denali. I have loved you since forever. You are the kindest, most talented and overall perfect girl I've ever met. You've always been there for me, especially when I needed you the most. You're incredibly caring, just so sweet and beautiful. Everything I feel and want to say about you can't be expressed through anything, I'm doing a pretty shit job at saying that... I love you Denali."

Denali looked taken aback and she slightly teared up. She slipped her hands out of mine and she started to cry. "I-I'm sorry- I just..." Denali took a deep breath and looked deeply into my eyes.
"You're so amazing and I... I honestly don't..."
"Oh..." I sat on my bed and hugged my knees to my chest.

"Rosé, you are perfect, I just... I love you as a friend and only a friend..." Denali muttered.
My throat tightened, my eyes filled with tears and I wanted the world to swallow me whole.
"I should go... goodbye Rosé."

Denali left the house. My heart had broken into a million pieces. Why did I ever think I had a chance? After a long crying session in the shower, I glued myself to my bed, and cried for a little more.
I heard a knock on the door but even after a 'go away!' Jan still walked into my room.

"I heard what happened at school."
"Mhm... well I'm not a human omelette anymore."
"You are obviously not okay, but how are you feeling?"
This only made me sob harder.
"I-I'm embarrassed, sad, angry... heartbroken."
"Heartbroken?"

"I kissed Denali. She rejected me... hard. She likes me only as a friend."
"W-what?! Denali friend-zoned you!"
"Yeah- crazy for me to think I had a chance."
"Then I must be crazy too because I thought you guys were perfect for each other."
"Nothing can be perfect..."
"Denali made a mistake, you're a great girl."
"Apparently not great enough."

Jan held me in her arms as I cried. Jan was always a great hugger.
"When I see Denali at school, I'm giving her a piece of my mind."
"Gosh- Janice! Don't!"

Denali's POV:
I was extremely shaken. I had no idea about Rosé's feelings for me. I felt so guilty. Angry that I was so blind, guilty that I had rejected her.

Guilty, guilty, guilty.

I walked home and found that my mother was not there. I assumed she must've stayed at work late. I took the stairs and opened my room. I screamed a little loudly when I saw someone sitting on my bed, waiting for me.

"TONY?! What the actual fuck- you scared me!"
"Why hello Denali~" He smirked.
"What are you doing here? H-how did you even get here?"
"Your mum gave me a key to the house, so I can visit my girlfriend." Tony slowly pointed at me.
"Shit- well cut to the chase."
"What are you gonna do about the Rosé situation? You can't be friends with a dyke."
"First, don't call her that. Second, I'm not gonna do anything."

"You're not gonna do anything? Denali- being friends with her is going to ruin your reputation and in return, mine."
"Are you sure you're not a cliche popular girl from all those movies about high school?"
"I NEED to be popular. It's gonna help me with my scholarship."
"Awwww is wittle Tony scawed fow his wittle scholarship." I mocked.

"You're brave to mock me when I have you hanging by my strings. I can tell the whole school you know?"
"How did you even find out about Rosé?"
"You can find anything out if you have all the power. I recommend dropping Rosé, just in case she has a 'wittle cwush' on you"
"You're evil."
"I know. By the way, you have egg on your shirt."
Tony left my room and shut the door.

I recommend dropping Rosé, incase she has a little crush on you...