iii

Denali's POV:

The day before...

I walked up to Tony's house with a sort of unexplainable confidence. I knocked on the door and Tony soon answered. He sighed with relief when he realised it was me.

"Hey."
"Hey." He replied.
"We should talk about what happened." I said as I walked into the house.
"Yeah... sure..."
"Ok, this is how this is going to go. I'm going to say what I want to say, you're gonna listen and when I'm done, you can do the same."
"Okay."

"Tony. We've been sort of on and off for 2 years. We've had our moments and I've enjoyed some of our time together.
But now... I've had enough. You've cheated on me 3 times. I was so desperate for this relationship to work that I just ignored all the red flags and signs.
You've changed. You've changed so much and I don't want to deal with it anymore. It sucks because I loved you. I don't even know who you are anymore..."

"What are you saying?"
"We're over. I don't want to be in this relationship."
Tony chuckled before grabbing my shoulders tightly.
"Did you really think you could walk up here and break up with me?"
"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered.

"I know your secret, Denali and I've kept it. Wouldn't it be a shame if I don't know- your fellow students, your best friends and parents found out?"
My eyes widened which only humoured Tony more.
"You- you wouldn't..."
"I would."

"Why? Why are you doing this?"
"You're right, I have changed. I need you to help me maintain my status at school."
I sighed and nodded reluctantly.
"Fine. If you don't tell anyone my secret, I will pretend to be your girlfriend..."
"Perfect~"

I felt myself tear up as I walked out of Tony's house.
My head was spinning and I almost felt sick.
I cried myself to sleep that night...

The next day...

I walked into the cafeteria and soon spotted my friends along with Rosé.
When did they start hanging out?
"Hey Denali." Said Tony as he held my shoulders from behind.
"Hi..."
Tony's friends soon came along and started to talk. A lot. I felt so uncomfortable and awkward. They were talking in an inappropriate way about the girls in the school. I needed to get out of there.

I attempted to walk away but as soon as Tony noticed, he held my shoulders tighter causing me to slightly wince. I looked to my right and Rosé was watching the scene play out. She had an extremely concerned look on her face. I stared deeply into her eyes and I saw Rosé start to stand up.

"Hey Denali." Said Rosé.
"Hi Rosie." I replied.
"Nali, could you please help me with my hair?"
"Of course." Tony finally let me go and quickly kissed me on her cheek.

"I'll see you later." Said Tony as I walked up to Rosé. I sighed with relief as the two of us walked into the bathroom.
"Are you okay, Denali?" Asked Rosé as she closed the door.
"I don't even know at this point..." I breathed.
"What's going on? Did you try to break up with Tony?"
"I really did, you saw how that turned out."
"Why are you two still together? You're clearly extremely unhappy and uncomfortable."
"Tony is threatening me."

Rosé gasped and held my hands tightly.
"Nali..."
I felt my eyes start to tear up. I snaked my arms around Rosé's waist and started to sob into her shoulder.
"H-he knows s-something about me. Something that I can't let anyone else know."

I pulled back and looked at the floor.
"Nali, why won't you look at me?" I slightly kicked the floor and continued to avoid Rosé's eyes "Denali."
"I don't know what it is about you, but like- I don't even want to look at you."
"You know why? You wanna know why you don't have to look at me now?"
"Why?"
"Because you're gonna have a lot of time to look at me." Rosé whispered.

I slightly whimpered and Rosé gently pushed my head up with her thumb. I met Rosé's eyes and she smiled in return. "Wasn't that hard was it?" Rosé smiled.

I cupped her cheeks in my hands and softly kissed her on her forehead.
"Thank you Rosie."
Rosé's face was slightly red and her smile was bigger than before. We walked back to the cafeteria and I finally got to talk with my other friends.