xx

Denali's POV:
Jan and Rosé walked into the cafeteria.
"Hey guys!" I called as I pointedly to the seats next to me. Rosé sat next to Olivia and Jan sat between Rosé and I.

Whilst Rosé was talking to the others, I looked to Jan. "Did you mention anything to Rosé about you know what?" I whispered. Jan shook her head and leaned towards me. "We have a few complications and it's all a really weird situation."

"How so?" Jan thought for a moment and sighed.
"You two seem great together but I guess if you both want to try move on, then that's what you guys are gonna have to do." She replied. "Thank you."

I wrapped my arms around Jan and gave her a tight hug before going back to talking with the others and eating my lunch. Jan untangled my hair as the group talked.

Rosé's POV:
"And that's why you shouldn't leave Kahmora alone with a mirror." Said Lemon. We laughed hysterically.
"I mean if you looked like me, how could you not stare at your reflection." Said Kahmora.
"Fair point." Replied Gottmik.
I turned for a quick second and Jan and Denali were hugging really tightly.

The two slowly adjusted themselves to face the rest of the group and I whipped my head around.
What was going on between the two?
"Ok- you'll never guess what happened at the mall yesterday!" Said Gottmik.

I pretended to drop my textbook as Gottmik told her story and I went to grab my book from the floor. I looked to my right and Jan was playing with Denali's hair. Where they?

I now understood why Jan wanted me to get over Denali.

The bell rang and everyone scrambled to stand up and they made their way to their lockers. I noticed Gottmik and I were the only ones left at the table.
"Hey Mik." I said as I sat next to her.
"Oh! Hey Rosé!" Gottmik stammered.
"So... earlier..."
"Yeah... earlier..."
"Do you? Do you like-like me?"

Gottmik turned red and she shyly nodded.
"I didn't mean for it to happen- I wanted you and Denali to work out so bad and I felt so guilty."
"Well, you don't need to anymore..." I held her hands. "We should hangout, just the two of us."
"Really? But what about-"
"You don't need to worry about Denali, she doesn't feel the same way."
"Am I just your rebound? I just- I can't be another rebound. Not again."
"No. Of course not. Let me know when you're free."

Gottmik nodded and placed a soft kiss on my cheek before walking away. I traced my cheek where Gottmik had kissed me and I felt butterflies. Major butterflies. I felt giddy, on top of the world.
I skipped to class, books in hand and saw Jan and Denali talking really close to each other.

Not even the slightest bothered.

I took my seat and waited for the class to start.
"Someone looks a bit giddy." Said Kahmora.
"Ms. Rosé Child, are you in love with someone new?"
Olivia giggled. I covered my face in embarrassment.
"W-what would make you say that!"
"You're blushing like crazy, you have so much energy. You're practically glowing."
"Who's the special girl?"
"As if I'd tell you guys!"
I looked to my left and Gottmik gave me a shy wave and a wink. I returned the gesture.

"Hi Rosie." Said Denali as she rested her arms on my shoulders. "Hey Nali." I replied. Denali snuggled into my neck a little before walking to her usual table. "Oh! Mik! That's usually where I sit."
"Would you like me to move?"
"Well- if you want to stay there, I guess that's fine."
"Ok cool."

Denali reluctantly stepped to the seat behind Gottmik and took her seat. She was visibly annoyed.
"Hey Rosie?" Said Gottmik.
"Yeah?"
"Do you know Vanessa? People also call her Vanjie."
"Oh yeah, why so?"
"She's hosting a party next Friday. Do you wanna go with me?"
"Sure! Perfect."
"Great!"

I looked behind and Denali was fiddling with her pen and was in some sort of deep thought. What could she be possibly thinking about? Jan was at the door frame and she waved to Denali and I. Denali had a slight blush and she went back to shyly playing with her stationary.

Jealousy, jealousy~