ix

Denali's POV:
"It's late..." I whispered. "I should go..."
"Goodnight Nali..." Rosé caressed my cheeks and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. "I'll see you at school."

I go out Rosé's room and walked down the stairs.
Just processing.

"Hey Denali." Said Jan who was sitting on the couch.
"Oh hi Jan! You scared me."
"Sorry." She stood up "What are you doing here?"
"I was just talking with Rosé."
"Mhm, you two are quite close."
"Very."
"That's nice, have a good night." Jan softly chuckled to herself as I left the house.

That was weird...
It almost felt like Jan was trying to tell me something indirectly, I just didn't know what.

Rosé's POV:
My heart was beating like crazy. I actually plucked up the courage to kiss Denali, well on the forehead, but that's a good start. Right?

As soon as I heard Denali leave the house, I immediately screamed into my pillow, feeling extremely giddy.

Jan was at my door smirking and she giggled.
"This could be the start of something new." She sang. "This is so exciting. I'm starting to get the feeling that Denali is starting to fall for you Ms. Flirty McFlirt."
"Don't ever call me that Janice."
"Ok ew- don't call me Janice!"
We laughed hysterically for what seemed like hours.

The next day...

Denali's POV:
I walked into the school, greeted by the same people, everyone and headed to my locker. Quickly gathering my books, meeting my friends near our classroom for first period. Same old routine. Except it wasn't.

Rosé was eyeing me, who could blame her since I told her my secret and funnily enough I knew her secret too. We both giggled a little too loudly when we read each other's thoughts, which confused our other friends.

"Ok crazy people! We got math so let's go!" Said Mik ending the awkward atmosphere.
I noticed Kahmora, Olivia and Mik pull Rosé away to talk. Another secret talk without me. Rosé was red in the face which the three girls laughed in response to.

The bell rang and we all took our usual seats.
Our math teacher Mrs. Mattel immediately had an exciting announcement for the class.

"Morning class!" Mrs. Mattel said with her usual upbeat and warm tone "I'm happy to announce that the school's prom is coming up in a few months."
The class filled with whispers and gasps and Mik mischievously elbowed Rosé, who bumped into me.

"Sorry." I saw Rosé mouth.
"It's ok." I mouthed back.
"Please quiet down students!" Mrs. Mattel said.
"I know this is extremely exciting, but please remember that these proms will create life lasting memories. I recommend that if you're taking a date, you will be choosing wisely."

Mrs. Mattel looked directly at Rosé who sank in her chair from embarrassment. Olivia, Mik and Kahmora snickered to themselves. Rosé had her head on the table, shielding herself from the class.

"If you would like to join the prom planning committee, please talk to Ms. Estranja. Ok now class! We will now focus on chapter 7 from our textbooks. Please turn to page 394."

Mik, Kahmora and Olivia leaned over the table and smiled.
"Is this an intervention?" I whispered.
"We're thinking about us going as a group." Said Olivia. "Unless some of us catch a date." Kahmora winked. I looked behind me and Tony had a little light red box on his desk.

"Gross..." I muttered to myself. I had been looking forward to the prom since I was a little girl. Rosé and I would dress up and pretend to be each other's dates to prepare for the real thing. All my fantasies and plans. Down the drain.

"You okay Denali?" Olivia asked.
"I- I just... I just don't want to go to the prom with Tony and I have a bad feeling he's going to ask me." I replied grimly.
"Why wouldn't you want to go to the prom with your own boyfriend? That's like the dream for all the girls at this school." Said Kahmora.
"Well most girls... definitely not mine." Rosé muttered.

As soon as the words left her mouth, Rosé's eyes widened and the three girls gave Rosé a skeptic look. "Wait- I know you- mhm... are you?" Said Olivia.
"Sleepover tonight. My house." Said Mik.
Rosé facepalmed and got back to her work.

Rosé was definitely going to have to tell them.