xxvi

Rosé's POV:
All the girls and I walked down the stairs in utter complete shock. Denali wasn't herself.  She was emotionless, cold and heartless.

"Thank you for visiting Denali. I know it seems like she doesn't want to talk to you girls, but I can tell she really misses you all." Said Denali's mother as she started to pass us each a cup of water.

Glass cups of water.

"May we ask a question?" Said Olivia as she took her cup. "Of course dear."
"Why isn't Denali allowed to use 'normal' plates, cups and cutlery?" I asked.
Denali's mother stopped in her tracks and sighed.
"Safety precaution. About a week ago, Denali- she- I think you all know what I mean..."

We all gasped.
"Her birth father has also passed away so it was a very difficult week for Denali. I try to keep all potentially dangerous things away from her." "Thank you Mrs. Foxx" I said as we all walked to the car.

"Oh my gosh..." Kahmora said as she buckled her seatbelt. "I can't believe Denali is going through all of this by herself..."
"To change the subject... you have some explaining to do Rosé." Said Gottmik as she faced me.
"Yeah... how about the other and I go to Starbucks while you two chat." Said Jan.

Lemon, Kahmora, Jan and Olivia jumped out the car and made their way to the nearest Starbucks.
"Well, I'm waiting. Did you- did you actually mean what you said back there? You still love Denali..."
"... yeah... I still do..."
Gottmik's eyes started to fill with tears and she turned away from me.

"How could I be so stupid? A part of me was hoping you- you actually liked me. Served me right for having any hope." Gottmik sighed.
"I do like you... a lot..."
"Just not the same way you like Denali..."
"I'm so sorry- I promised you weren't going to be my rebound." I said as I held her hands, pulling her to face me once again. "Then I should apologise too."

I gave her a curious look and she looked into my eyes. "About a week before you snd Denali fought again, I was broken up with by my then girlfriend, Violet. I knew I had some sort of crush on you and I thought you'd help me get over Violet. I'm so sorry. I'm such a hypocrite..."

"Wait- Violet Chachki is your ex? Mik- she literally was talking to me at the party about how jealous she was of me. She still likes you!"
"REALLY?!"
"She told me her biggest mistake in her life was breaking up with you. You should talk to her."
"So should you." Gottmik replied.
"Talk to Violet?"
"No- I mean talk to Denali. Convince her to come back to school, be part our lives again."

I nodded and quickly pecked Gottmik on the cheek before leaving the car. I ran past the house, the girls who had just finished getting drinks from Starbucks and the park that Denali and I always passed when walked to school together.

School.

I raced as fast as I could to the school. The gates had already been locked. I found a little route from the gardens to inside the school. One of the classrooms windows was left open and I snuck in. I eventually arrived at the rooftop.

I slowly opened the trap door and alas, Denali was standing at the edge. Her arms were open wide and I saw as she looked down. She sighed.
"Life is a beautiful thing..." She softly whispered to herself. Her hair flowed in the chilly wind and I watched as she shuffled her feet.

I quickly jumped up and pulled Denali off the edge.
"NO- Denali please... PLEASE STAY!" Denali had landed on top of me and we laid face to face as we both tried to process what had just happened.
"Don't ever do that to me again!" I said as I held her tightly. "I- I- I won't..."

We stayed face to face for a little while longer until Denali and I had our hands resting on each other's cheeks. "You know... I meant what I said earlier."
"You did?"
"Of course."
Denali softly smiled and her eyes teared up.
"I've missed you so much Rosie." Denali whispered.
We both giggled and pulled our faces together, sealing our promise with a passionate kiss.