xvii

Denali's POV:
Rosé played the last note and the theatre erupted in applause. "AMAZING WORK ROSÉ! I have seen so much improvement. You are really developing as a singer." Said Ms. Act. Rosé did a slight bow before joining us in the audience.

"Looks like I miscalculated, we have time for one more little performance."
All the students looked across each other, waiting for someone to volunteer. "Denali, how about you go? I've never heard you sing by yourself." I nodded and grabbed my ukulele before I ran up to the stage.
"What song will you be performing?"

I thought for a moment and I looked at Rosé.
"I'll be performing 'I Think I Kinda You Know'
I saw my friends excitedly whispering to each other and they all smirked at me.
"Well, whenever you're ready."

Rosé's POV:
Denali started to strum.

"So much has happened, think of what we've done
In the time that the Earth has traveled 'round the Sun
Winter, Spring, Summer and we're back to Fall
We've been together hand-in-hand through it all
From the minute we kissed and my heart skipped a beat
To the night that we danced, I was swept off my feet
Sure is every year has to come to an end
I'd go spinnin' 'round the Sun with you again and again and again and again"

I had never really heard Denali sing like this. Unlike me, she wasn't trained but it was clear she had major talent. I could tell she was pouring her heart out in the performance, I just wanted to know why.

"I can't help dreamin' of you"

She looked at me.

"Guess I'm sayin' I don't not love you"

Her face turned pink.

"You know, you know, you know"

Once again, the theatre flooded with applause.
"Wow! I am incredibly impressed, Denali! I'll be looking forward to see your work for your solo assessment." Said Ms. Act. Denali ran down the steps and took the seat next to me.

"Good job Nali." I whispered.
"Thank you Rosie." Denali whispered back.
"Denali~ who was that for?" Kahmora asked.
"As if I'd tell you guys!" Denali giggled.
"Alright! Wonderful work Shea, Rosé and Denali! For the rest of the session, please work on your group or duet performances. Next lesson, you will have time to practice for your solo assessments."

"Come on Rosie!" Denali took my hand and dragged me to one of the music rooms. "Alright, so we have our sheet music, I think we should just get to rehearsing." Denali pulled out her ukulele and looked over her sheet music.

Denali looks beautiful today. She looks beautiful everyday. Snap out of it Rosé!
Remember what Jan said: Get over her, move on.
"You okay? You look a bit flustered." Said Denali.
"Oh- yeah! I'm okay. Just looking over my music."
"Which happens to be upside down."

Denali reached her hand out and flipped my music.
"There we go." She said with a smile. Her beautiful smile. "T-thanks." I replied. I had never been this nervous with Denali before. "Ok, let's start."

"I'm going under and this time
I fear there's no one to save me
This all or nothing really got
a way of driving me crazy
I need somebody to heal
Somebody to know
Somebody to have
Somebody to hold
It's easy to say
But it's never the same
I guess I kinda liked the way you
numbed all the pain"

As we practiced, Denali and I kept locking eyes. She gave me such a warm smile. I couldn't stop glancing at her lips. They were so kissable. Denali often wore strawberry chapstick which made her lips sweeter.
"Rosé? You're zoning out."
"Oh?! Sorry, were you saying something?"
"I was just going to say that was a great first run through. You're crazy talented."

"Oh- yeah sorry. I mean uh- well. What do you like about her?" I asked.
"What is there not to like about her? She's kind, beautiful the most talented girl I have ever met. She's like perfect personified."