xix

Denali's POV:
I sighed as I reflected over everything.
This year so far had been one of the messiest. I realised I my sexuality, I was stuck in a fake and abusive relationship and I had fallen in love with my best friend who wanted nothing to do with me.

I heard steps coming from the staircase and I panicked. Was it a teacher? Maintenance?
The trap door swung open. "Denali? Are you here?"

Rosé.

I hugged my knees tighter and turned my head to see Rosé standing, arms crossed, looking to the side.
"Ms. West wanted me to check up on you..."
"Well tell her, that I'm fine."
"Are you just gonna stay up here for the rest of the day? There's still lunch, 5th and 6th period."
"I haven't thought about that, it could be my plan."

Rosé sat next to me and sighed.
"Why are you even still here? You said-"

Rosé pulled my face towards her and kissed me cutting me off and I kissed her back. It felt so right. Our arms wrapped around each others bodies, we shifted ourselves so we were both on our knees facing each other. We kept the kiss going until we both eventually had to pull away to catch our breaths.

"I'm sorry about what I said. I did a shit job of saying that I like you too much and I have been trying to get over you by avoiding you. I'd never want you out of my life Denali." I sighed with relief. "So what was the kiss for?" I asked. "I just wanted to kiss you one last time before I actually try to find someone else."

My heart sunk.

"Oh- cool... that's nice..."
"I'm nervous about it but you gotta do what you gotta do." Rosé stood up and reached her hand out to me. I took it and stood up with her.
Our eyes locked.
"Yeah... that is going to take some time." Said Rosé who kept glancing at my lips. I softly giggled before I placed a small kiss on Rosé's nose.

"We should get to lunch."
I laughed as I saw Rosé petrified, flushed red face and looking quite dumbfounded.
"W-wait-"
"Bye Rosie!" I winked and went down the staircase.

"Hello Denali." Said Jan who was at the bottom of the stairs. "Oh! Hi Jan! What's up?"
"So... I was in class and I saw you running up here being closely followed by Rosé. What was that about?" I crossed my arms nervously. "Is there something wrong?"

"You're leading my sister on."
"W-what? I-I'd never want to do that to her."
"But you are, you guys have almost kissed and Rosé keeps getting her hopes up."
"Is that what she thinks?! Shit..."
"What are your intentions with my sister?"
"I like her."
"Wait- like like-like her?"
"Yeah like like-like-like her!"

Jan looked quite surprised and she covered her mouth. "Oh... what an awkward situation we have."
"Indeed. I rejected Rosé, I catch feelings for her, Rosé now trying to move on."
"Oh fuck... what are you gonna do?"
"I guess my best option is to try get over Rosé."
I then left Jan alone and went back into my thoughts.

Jan's POV:
I hadn't been so shocked before.
What the fuck was I meant to do?!
"Hey Jan." Said Rosé as she stepped down the staircase. "OH! Hey Rosé." I said.
"You okay? You look quite petrified."
"Yeah- just processing stuff."
"Oh ok, do you wanna head off to lunch now?
Or are you still 'processing stuff'?"
"No- of course! Let's go."

Rosé's POV:
Jan didn't look okay. She was pale, slightly sweaty and looked like she had saw a ghost.
I couldn't help but wonder what was going through Jan's head.

"Hey Jan, hi Rosé!" Said Gottmik as she approached the two of us. "Hey Gottmik! What's up?" I asked. "Nothing, I'm assuming you and Denali are cool now? Again?" She giggled. "Yeah, we're cool, again."
"Well that's nice, I'll see you later Rosie~" Gottmik skipped away and blew a kiss at me.

"Oh?" Said Jan.
"Denali is the only person who's called me 'Rosie'. That was new." I stammered.
"Was Gottmik flirting with you, or was that just my imagination?"
"I think she was- interesting..." I said. "Maybe she can help me get over Denali." I thought.
"W-what? Get over Denali?"
"Why are you so surprised? You were the one who gave me the idea!"
Jan facepalmed and walked away.

"JAN- WAIT"