o. DON'T ASK.

ACT ii

ACT ii. isn't it obvious? our swim team sucks.
CHAPTER o. ❛ DON'T ASK.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 except for the occasional beeping of the machine that was keeping track of the patient's heart rate

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 except for the occasional beeping of the machine that was keeping track of the patient's heart rate. One of the patients being Aurora. They had jumpstarted her heart but that was it. Melissa knew they would have to take her off of life support the next morning.

It was crushing her, but she knew the girl would flat line either way. It was just easier to pull the plug instead of making Aurora suffer even longer. Another thing that was eating at Melissa was the fact that she hadn't told Scott or Stiles this. The latter was out in the waiting room between Aurora and Lydia's, two balloons floating above his head as he slept.

Smiling lightly but in slight pain, Melissa couldn't even fathom telling Stiles the girl he adored would soon be dead within a few hours. The tears filled her eyes once more and they weren't the ones from a few days ago when she last saw her daughter living.

When she heard Lydia's door open she quickly suppressed any sadness while wiping her eyes. Mr. Martin had just walked out moving towards Melissa but not before looking at the teen asleep on the waiting chairs, "He's been here all night?" 

"He's been here all weekend," Melissa corrected with a small grin. 

A cleaning lady had bent down to empty a trash can near Stiles. He was still talking in his sleep, "You... you're dirty."

Looking up in bewilderment, the woman quickly finished what she was doing before making a hasty exit away from Stiles. 

Within those next few minutes of Lydia waking up along with Stiles, Aurora went to sleep... for good. They had taken her off life support early. Not even Melissa knew that the girl had been moved to the morgue within 20 minutes of her being gone and with Stiles taking a break at the vending machine, he hadn't seen her wheeled away.

So there the pale teen laid on top of a cold metal surface at the center of the morgue. She still had on the hospital gown that had adorned her body the whole weekend.