XII - 'The Ex Who Wants You Back'

Saturday was another day for the three of us. Starting the day like how we do, meaning waking up at noon and eating late lunch. About four in the afternoon, Luke came and we just hung out at the house, talking about how Liz took the news.

Luke told us he was shocked himself because according to Liz, "It's about time, son."

Michael and I were legit laughing. In the end, all Luke needed was a peer push so he'd be himself. Liz was the least of our worries. Luke tells us this has been the happiest he'd been and I smile at him, saying he deserves it.

We played around until it was time for Luke to go. It's nice to have an addition to our little squad and seeing how Michael and Luke get along each other, I feel so happy for them. LOL I might just ship them one day.

Sunday evening, I get a text from an unknown number.

Hey hot stuff x

I raise my eyebrow from eating hot ramen in my room, reading up stuff from textbooks the whole day to catch up with the class. The professor in the advance class I have tomorrow with seniors isn't so forgiving. I catch up or I fall behind, that's what he said. Nicely but with conviction. I respected that so I'm trying to take in as much as I can from this stupid book.

Sighing, I ignored the text and tried to read again but a few more minutes and my phone chimes again.

So Hemmings is the mysterious boyfriend, eh?

It's Calum. I didn't know how but I can just tell. It's him. I reluctantly text back.

Who's this?

Well, I'm not going to let him know I know it's him. I went back to reading, distracted now, as I wait for my phone to chime. As it did, I immediately snatched my phone to read the message, laughing a little bit at how silly I'm acting.

It's Calum, Cass. Don't act like you don't know it's me. And did you really name yourself 'the bitch' in my contacts?

I replied, my fingers slightly shaking over the screen.

I really didn't know but hey, what's up, no I didn't

I closed the book and laid on my bed, knowing I won't be able to read any more. Now that Calum's had me preoccupied. Now that I think about it, putting my name as 'the bitch' is a bad move.

Calum: Don't change the subject. Hemmings? Srsly?

Me: None of your business, Cal.

Calum: I want it to be my business

Me: Well, yes. He is my boyfriend. Happy now?

Calum: You don't like him

Me: How dare you? Who do you think you are to say that?

Calum: Your ex who knows you. Your ex who wants you back. And who will get you back.

Me: No, Calum. You're Cara's boyfriend and you're happy with her. Stop messing with my love life.

Calum: She's NOT my girlfriend, Cass how many times do I have to tell you that?

Me: Until you admit to being her boyfriend because you ARE.

He didn't reply after that. I was tempted to text him what was wrong but I resisted the urge. If he doesn't want to talk anymore, then that's it. I stood up, went to the bathroom to clean up.

I was blow-drying my hair, now in pajamas after a short wash--about 10 minutes only--when my phone chimed and I dove to the bed to get it. I'm seriously going nuts over a text.