V - Red Bandannas x Red Stop Signs

I quickly gathered my things as soon as the bell rang. Hallelujah, I can finally go home. Three hours of Sir Hoffman talking is just so boring. I almost dozed off in my seat.

Turning to Luke, my blond seatmate who's also gathering his things, I said, "See you around, Luke."

He smiled a cute two-dimpled smile up at me, zipping up his bag, "Yeah. You have Mech Engineering tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I think I do. I'm not sure though, sorry," I laughed. I haven't really gotten to look clearly at my admission paper to look at the exact subjects I had.

"Just give me your number, then?" He said, his face hesitant.

"Sure, sure," I offered my hand for his phone and I saved my number in his contacts.

"There, text me," I said giving back his phone. He smiled, stood up to leave, before he went out the door, he looked back and even waved at me.
He's so cute aw

I smiled to myself. I slowly sling my backpack to my shoulder, ready to leave. I was about to stand up but--

"Cassie," Cara. I groaned inwardly. Not again.

"Yeah?" I looked over her anyway, forcing a smile in her and Calum's direction. When will she stop bothering me?

"Do you think you can join us--"

'You are my getaway / You are my favorite place / We put the world away / We are so disconnected..'

"Oh, crap," I quickly dug out my cellphone from my bag, embarrassed with its loud ring.

Yet again, I feel Calum's gaze on me. This time, I know why. My ringtone. Fuck. This is our favorite song. Disconnected by 5 Seconds of Summer. Rad band. I go nuts over that band's bassist, really. Ugh. This is so embarrassing, what will he think?

Whatever.

"Hey, Michael," I breathed as I answered the call. Michael's voice booms from the other line, telling me he's gonna need a ride home in case I forget.

"Right on time! I almost forgot and I'm already on my way back to the car," I laughed, an image in my brain too vivid and clear. Michael standing alone in the parking lot calling me and asking me to fetch him.

"Okay, see you there. Bye," I hung up, noticing that Cara was waiting for me to finish my call. "Oh, gods, I'm sorry. What were you saying?"

"I was thinking of asking you to join us for some snacks," she smiled sweetly at me. Really, if you knew Calum and I's past you wouldn't smile at me like that.

"Uhh, sorry. I just said yes to a thing," I gestured to my phone. Lies. Michael and I are just gonna go home and I'm gonna bore myself to death while he plays his games. But no way am I tagging along with them. Not when he touches her like that and she smiles up at him sweetly. Not ever.

"Too bad, next time? Tomorrow?" she urges.

"Cara," Calum speaks for the first time, castigating Cara a bit. "Don't you think you're bothering her and her boyfriend, baby?"

Baby. How original.

You used to call me that, too, I thought painfully. But, boyfriend? You sound so jealous, Cal! but I won't dwell on that.

"Sorry, but we should hang out soon okay?" she says as I nod, turning to leave.

I stopped by the restroom to compose myself, retouch the lightest of makeup I had and then went on to leave. I was rounding up the corner of the building on the way to the parking lot when I bumped into a large, bulky figure.