XVI - Little Revelations

I didn't even realize we've started making out.

We were sitting on the huge couch, with a laptop and papers scattered all around us. I was actually a bit suprised to see him taking this project seriously. He showed me some of the rough sketch of how the chip must look like and he said he was counting on me to do the design to make it look inconspicuous in a tshirt or pants or wherever we plan to put it.

Though brainstorming was really taxing, I enjoyed it. Calum and I, deep in conversation with the faint sound of Paramore's self titled album playing through the component. It was peaceful and nice and just...perfect.

He was sketching some details into the chip when he noticed that I was - probably - staring a little bit too intently at him. I snap my head back to the laptop, searching for details and research papers on the web that we may need.

Suddenly, he was right beside me, slowly taking away the laptop as I stare up at him, my eyes puzzled.

Then here we were, in a steamy makeout session without a will to stop.

He was leaning back on the couch while I straddled him, my hands slowly going from his shoulders up to his hair and back down. His arms almost doing the same slow, delicious assault, from my hips up to the sides of my breasts and down again.

Our lips never stayed in one place, he kissed my lips and I responded. He moved down to kiss my neck and I moaned softly in delight. His hands, slowly skimmed the hem of my shirt, delibrately pulling it up until it was halfway up my abdomen. I kissed him on his jaw and I felt a deep, resonating groan echoing down to his crotch which I felt twitch just under me.

I jumped a bit when I felt it, blushing and biting my lip, gradually pulling away. He was smirking, but he kept a tight grip on my hips, "Sorry."

Pursing my lips, I thought, here I am again, being savagely brought back to reality, "You know what, Cal. Let's stop, this is - this is wrong."

I moved to stand up from his lap but he pulled me down, making me put my hands in his chest for support.

"Things are always better when we just kiss and not think about it."

"But Calum, I - I have a boyfriend. And you do, too. Cara wo-"

"Fuck Cara! Why do you always have to bring her up?" he let go of my hips, tilting his head back on the couch, covering his face in frustration. I took the chance of standing up from his lap and sat beside him on the couch.

"Exactly! You fuck Cara so we can't do this!" I said in the same frustrated tone he did.

His head snaps to my direction, complete shock on his face with what I said. Then, he surprised me by laughing.

"This is not funny! We should make this stop, Luke would--"

"What if you just drop him? You don't love him, Cass. I don't know why you have to be with him," he groaned, exasperation clear on his face.

"I love him!" I spat loudly, but I knew didn't really mean what I said. I just had to stop kissing him. This is wrong. "I - I don't feel good. I'm cheating on him."

"You are."

"You know what? I thought we've almost got back to being casual and comfortable with each other, Cal. I thought we could still be friends, but with this," I gestured to us. "With this, we just can't."

"That's because I never wanted to be friends with you. I've always wanted more."

"Stop that!" I shrieked, breathing deeply. I was so frustrated, so confused. "Don't say that when you have Cara in your arms everyday at school. Don't say that! If you can't ever be friends with me then let's not be anything at all!"