XV - Heart To Heart Conversations

It was weird for me to be scary excited for Mech Engineering with Calum, considering what happened yesterday in the greenhouse. But I wanted to see him again, badly. I woke up early so I took time choosing my clothes, out of boredom.

I heated water for bath, humming to myself as I took off my clothes and made my way to my own bathroom. Michael's probably still deep in sleep from the room across the hall so I tried not to make a lot of noise.

Thirty minutes in the bathtub, I felt good. Maybe today's gonna be a good day, it's just about the right mindset. And with my mindset right now, I feel calm, relaxed, hopeful.

I wore black undies matching a black bra, remembering when Patrice gave this to me on my coming out party in New York.

"A lady must be ready for certain 'things' at all times," she says while hiding a smile.

We both knew she was talking about sex then. I examine the expensive fabric as I applied moisturizing lotion on my body. It feels expensive, who knows this probably costed a fortune. A Victoria's Secret underwear I presume. I wore it on a whim, just feeling feisty and all that. I proceeded to wear faded denim jeans, for a change, and an oversized white knitted sweater over a white spaghetti-strapped sando.

I couldn't do anything to my hair since it's so short so I just ruined it and raked my hands all over, so it would do that pointing-on-all-directions style that I like. I sat down for a while and applied light makeup. I readied my backpack and went out, down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

We had some leftover pizza last night after some sweet and sour chicken that I cooked - which Michael horked down real fast. I took the half box of pizza and set it on the oven and reheated it. I made myself a huge cup of milk, and a cup of coffee for Michael - he didn't like coffee so much but I'm on a mission to turn him into a coffee person.

While waiting for Michael to wake up, I cleaned up the house. It was an easy task since Michael and I always make sure we don't leave any trash before sleeping - well, as much as possible. So the house was pretty neat. I played music while at it, sweeping the floor and such.

Lorde's The Love Club plays as the oven dings, signalling the pizza was done. I whipped up our drinks and started setting everything in the breakfast bar and pretty soon, Michael trudges down the stairs, already cleaned up.

"Breakfast, Mikey," I smiled up at him.

"Nice, what's with the cheery attitude?" he says as he went straight into the breakfast bar.

"Don't ask, just eat," I laugh as we started eating, A Rocket To The Moon playing softly around the house.

-

We drove to school in our own cars. I texted Luke earlier if he wants me to pick him up but he said he wanted to drive with Michael. Hm.

I reach the university in no time with my mustang. I parked in a safe place, away from the people's eyes and make my way to class.

I took my seat next to Calum with my heart crashing loudly against my ribcage but I try to keep my composure. I kept my held high as I waved a quick hi over to Luke, already sat beside Camille. I notice a slight indifference and... jealousy? on Camille's gaze, which immediately made me uncomfortable.

Right, I'm already subjected to the jealous gazes of all the girls who have long ago - some only now - liked Luke. Some gazes I took no notice of, they were irrelevant but Camille's turned from last week's friendly smile to today's forced one. I kinda felt guilty.

Miss Criss shortly enters the class but just gives an announcement - that we should confer with our partners for the whole period and use it to have a solid idea for our project because she'll be out on a meeting - and leaves almost immediately.