XIII - Making Jaws Drop

I hate Mondays as much as everyone does. But I woke up that Monday morning with extra dread than I usually have.

I dreaded school, I dreaded to find out how would Calum look at me and treat me, now that he finds out about me staying in the same house as Michael, all the while being Luke's girlfriend.

Thinking of Luke lead me out of my little misery. Today is his day. We've already kinda planned it. He'll wear his hair in its new quiff, his new clothes, and his own touch of new-ness with his badass lipring.

I stand up and cleaned myself up for school. Changing into a black crossbones singlet inside a faded denim jacket. Then, my usual, black skinny jeans and chuck taylors. I brushed my hair, loving the way its pointing on all directions again, pixie-cut. I love this.

Applying light makeup, just some powder and dark red lipstick. That's it.

Going downstairs I see Michael in the kitchen, already eating Koko Krunch. Wow. What a kid. But I followed suit and was eating the same exact thing minutes later.

"Excited?" Michael muses. I noticed he also kinda dressed up for today. He wore his newly bought gray Harley Davidson singlet inside a black leather jacket, he had his usual skinny jeans and combat boots.

I shrug, "I don't know what to expect really. But I'm excited for Luke. I've seen the way some of our girl classmates look at him and I think they might die today."

I laughed, imagining one too many girls fainting at the sight of the blond hottie. Michael and I were done in a few and we decided to give Luke a ride today. We're all going in Michael's trailblazer.

We already texted him and I was excited as we drove to their house, imagining what Luke would look like. Prior today, I already gave him pointers on how to pair and match up his clothes and he knows how to style his hair.

We were by their driveway in no time, Michael honking to signal Luke we were here. We rolled the windows down while waiting and a few minutes more and he goes out of the door, kissing his mom on the cheek, who probably walked him out. Liz waved at us so we waved back.

I swear my throat went dry at the sight of Luke, now walking toward us.

He looked so fucking hot.

I mean, yeah, I already saw some of that friday but this morning, with his blond hair freshly quiffed at the top of his head, a black The Cab band shirt, that suprisingly fits him in a way that shows he's more muscular than you'd let on. He had black skinny jeans on, ripped by the knees, black chucks, a still black backpack and raybans. Oh, and of course, his days old black lipring. He looked like he was on his way to a rock gig.

"You're drooling, Cash," Michael snickered from the driver seat.

I looked over to him, cheeks flushing in embarrassment and punched him in the arm. "Pucker off."

Luke opened the back seat and settled in, exhaling loudly. "Let's do it."

We rolled the windows up and drove to school.

This is so gonna be fun.

-

"Are you sure I look okay?"

This was the third time Luke asked the exact same question. We were already in school, driving around the parking lot looking for a spot.

"Shut it, Luke. You look A+," I laughed at his nervousness.

Finally, we were able to park. Funny because were in the center of the lot, where a lot of students are just piling out of their own cars and adjacent to the gate. Once we come out we'll be in plain sight.