XXI - Races with Familiar Faces

Satellite - All Time Low

-

I stood motionless at what he did.

After waking up and Joy insisting I also eat breakfast before I go, Calum walked me to the door, Joy, Uncle and Mali trailing behind us. I've gotten all my things, my backpack already slung in my back. He opened the door, letting me out.

"Thanks for yesterday and this morning," I shyly said, a grateful smile in my face. I really did enjoy the last twenty-four hours here. I've found out about a lot about what happened to him and his family in the span of my absence.

He caught me off guard by tucking a short stray hair off my face to my ear, leaning in and giving me a soft, lingering kiss on the forehead.

"Anytime, Cass," he smiles down on me while I cautiously look over to his family who have seen the whole thing. Uncle looked proud while his arms were around Joy's shoulder - who was smiling really wide - and Mali was judging my reaction and even gave me a wink.

I pursed my lips as I blushed and turned without a word - too embarrassed to say anything more. I walked to my car, got inside and found myself shaking, even fumbling over the keys before I was able to insert it in the ignition.

Risking a last look at my window, I spot Calum standing outside the door obviously waiting for me to drive away. He had both of his hands on his pockets and I swear, even with his messy hair and yesterday clothes, which consisted of black ripped jeans, a plaid shirt with the two top buttons unbuttoned and flipflops, he looked so damn attractive. Hot, just... just hot.

Feeling the need to gulp as my throat suddenly felt dry, I drove away shaking, my head in a crazy jumble. I saw Calum in the rear view mirror, waving me goodbye and slowly a smile worked its way to my face.

-

"You need to stop sleeping around you fucktard," I muttered as I cooked lunch for Michael and me. I was faced with my worst fears as I went home: the house trashed and the furnitures moved about. I didn't even ask Michael even when he walked the tall, sexy brunette out the house. I knew he probably did it with her all around the whole house. I cringed at the thought.

"Mind your own business, Cash," he mumbles as he played on his videogame console.

"It's my business! I can't ever sit on that couch again knowing you probably did stuff with her there!" I exclaimed, cringing even more but Michael being Michael, just laughed.

"You'll survive, besides, I use protection, so everybody's safe," he said, still laughing.

I sigh in surrender, thinking I can do nothing to change his awful habits. "One of these days, you'll fall hard into someone you never expected to fall in love with and that will be your karma," I say as I finish up cooking and called him over to eat.

He just shook his head as he walked over and we started eating.

My phone rang in the middle of the meal so I excused myself and answered the call. It was Jack, informing me of an upcoming race just off town and if I want to join. Of course, I said yes. I've been itching to really push that mustang's limits and this race is surely a way to put it to the test.

I came back to the table and we finish eating. Michael lingered for a while after the meal, just asking me questions and stuff about happened at Calum's and of course, I told him everything. I told him that I told Mali and that Calum had never told Joy about us. Pretty much everything that had happened and Calum's strange behavior.

He pursed his lips after listening and thanked me for the meal before going back to his video game. I proceeded to wash the dishes, a bit bothered by his silence.