XXIII - Dreams Do Come True...?

9 - Willow Smith ft. SZA

-

The flashing lights made me dizzy, made everything look hazy. Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I just had too much to drink. I tried standing up from the stool and felt the world wobble at my feet. Yep, too much to drink.

But hey, that was the reason I'm here for. The reason for all this ruckus. To get me drunk, to make me forget. I struggled to remember what I was upset for that led me to this drunk mess in a club somewhere and I smiled when I couldn't remember. Good. Drinking served its purpose.

I went for a quick bathroom break and as I came back, a slow, hypnotic tune started playing around the club and I found myself making my way to the dance floor. Absently, I let the music take over my dull and alcohol-filled senses. I swayed my hips, putting my hands over my head, closing my eyes. As the beat continued to build up, my hips gyrated and I open my eyes, looking around me.

Bodies after bodies swayed with me as the dance floor filled up, everybody loving the hypnotic beat, dancing along. As the dance floor gets more crowded, I feel a set of hands settle on my exposed waist since I was wearing a tight cropped top and denim shorts. Too intoxicated to even care, I grind my hips back to the unknown man's front. I feel his crotch rub against my butt and a wave of lust ignites from within me.

Completely overtaken by liquor, I smile and grind again as I feel the stranger's nails dig to my waist as he gasps, his crotch growing harder.

With my eyes closed, I stay dancing, my hands roaming around my body, deliberately brushing my back to the guy's front. I don't plan anything more than this slight sexual tension. As I bobbed my head into the beat I was absently thinking how I can get rid of this overly touchy man, whom I haven't even seen yet, so he won't ask for more.

Before I could form coherent thoughts, somebody else gripped my arm and took me away from the dance floor. I couldn't see who suddenly pulled me because of the people crowding around so I settled in looking at the new stranger's hands. His hands were rough and they held onto mine with such force. I barely made out a trace of a tattoo on the base of his thumb.

I look back to where I was from, suddenly snapping out of the music. My eyes catch a tall, lanky greasy-haired guy looking at me as I go. I realize that he must be the stranger I was dancing with. I cringe, sanity slowly seeping through my veins. He looked awful and definitely not my type. I can't believe he grinded on me, and I let him.

Finally, we were out the thick throng of people and I finally recognize the person who dragged me. Calum led me to the bar, sitting on a stool a bit far away from where I was sitting earlier.

"What the fuck were you doing, Cass?" he started, sounding so frustrated, not to mention drunk.

I motioned for the bartender and ordered vodka before answering him, a tad bit proud for forming straight sentences despite my dizzy disposition. "Why is it your business?"

He groaned and wiped his face with his palm in frustration, "You might as well have sex with that idiot in there! Do you even know him?"

I lean on the bar, looked at Calum wearing a flannel shirt and black ripped skinny jeans, looking as more sober than the drunken mess I was probably right now. I ask once more, "Why is it your business? So what if I was? What is it to you?"

"Stop saying nonsense, Cass."

"What?" I say, frustration now forming inside of me. My brain losing its filter out of being intoxicated, I said what was exactly on my mind. "You don't see me dragging you away from Cara when you make out with her so fuck off, Calum."