Part 26

Monday

Someone was running their fingers through my hair when I woke up. They talked softly to me saying, "Hyein, it's time to wake up."

I didn't want to wake up though. I just wanted to lay there and be sad. It's about time that I became a mope and stopped worrying about things.

I swatted the hand away, not bothering to see who it was. "Go away," I mumbled.

I brought my knees to my chest in attempts to stay warm. The person started to strike my hair again. "Hyein, it's 11:30 already. You have to wake up."

I sat up and growled. "I don't care what time it is!" I yelled, my eyes still closed. When I opened my eyes, Xero's face was in front of mine.

I gasped at the sight of his nose. It has gone crooked and a few marks of dried blood showed in his nostrils.

I covered my mouth with my hands. Then I reached out to him and tapped his nose lightly. Xero cringed slightly, barely noticeable. I took my hand back.

"Did I do that?" I asked him in shock.

He stared at me. Xero seemed to be searching my eyes for something. I didn't know what though.

"I-I think . . . You should tell Kidoh," he finally said.

My heart beat heavily in my chest. It hurt, it really did. I felt sick to my stomach.

"When should I tell him?" I asked.

Xero sat down on the bed next to me. "I think we both should tell him today. That way he has time to be angry by himself."

I shook my head no. "No he's working. I can't do that to him."

Xero turned and looked at me. "Maybe work will help him get his mind off of it."

Kidoh and I have only been married for a week. Something inside of me told me to not tell him. I need to keep it a secret for as long as I can.

"No, I'm not telling him," I said with finality.

Xero suddenly became that quiet cold guy that I saw when I first met him.

I felt as if I should tell him something. Anything. I don't mind the quiet, but it's so quiet that it's starting to hurt my ears.

"They're twins," I finally said.

I looked at Xero and watched as his mouth slightly curved into a smile.

"Byung Joo has a picture of them if you'd like to see them."

Xero turned his head to me in shock. "Do you really want me to see them?"

I giggled. "They're just two blobs in my stomach. Plus, you're their father. I'm not going to take something like this away from you." I didn't really understand what I was saying until after I said it.

I don't want to take the children away from Xero. I still want him to be in their lives, even if it may be a little messed up.

"You know, it's really kind of funny when you think about it," he said, taking me away from my thinking process. "I'm the father and uncle of my children." He turned to look at me again. "It just doesn't sound right."

I suddenly thought of a question I wanted to ask him.

"Xero, are you upset by the fact I married Kidoh? Should I not have done it?" I asked him.

He took a while to answer. "Do you want honesty?" He asked in return.

I nodded.

"Well, yes I am upset. I can still remember the night we shared together and I think about it a lot. I just feel as if I lost something special, you know?"