Chapter 64

-Peter-

Our short trip was over, it was time to go home again. We had had a good time, especially after Lyra had finally been open about her feelings. It had made me really happy. The fact that she had come out of her shell to finally tell me meant a lot to me. Our packed suitcases were already in front of the house, the door was locked and Happy drove up in Tony's limousine. He got out and helped us load the suitcases. There was not much talking on the drive back, I knew Lyra's mood was a bit depressed, she had really enjoyed and needed these peaceful days. Now there was the constant possibility of dying again.

"Tomorrow is the day. The final battle against Vulture.", Happy mentioned to break the silence.

"Yes finally.", Lyra said in a firm voice, yet I also heard some uncertainty in her voice.

"Are you looking forward to it?", Happy asked her in surprise.

"No, I just want to get it over with. Of course, we'll still be fighting criminals and people like that afterwards, but I hope we won't have such a big enemy for a while. Besides...if we don't manage to defeat him tomorrow, we never will."

Happy nodded at us through the rearview mirror. Inside, I was already preparing for the battle. After what seemed like an eternity, we finally arrived in our area. Happy drove past Lyra's house. She didn't seem to notice at all.

"Um Happy? Lyra lives here. Aren't you going to let her out?", I drew his attention.

"I know. May and Ruby asked me to bring her to your place first though. There's something to discuss.", he explained.

I looked questioningly at my girlfriend, but she just shrugged her shoulders in ignorance. When we finally entered my home, May and Ruby were already sitting on the couch waiting for us.

"This looks kinda serious.",Lyra whispered to me and I nodded in agreement.

"Why don't you sit down?", Ruby urged us.

Tensely, we sat down opposite them.

"We're moving, in three weeks.", May blurted out.

Shocked, I stared at my aunt and unsettled I looked for Lyra's hand. I reached for it and held it tightly.
"Far away? Why?", I asked uncertainly.

"Don't worry Peter, not far. Right around here. And to your 'why', 1. we have more space there because it's a penthouse. 2. we're not moving in there alone, Ruby's coming with us."

I was already reassured that we would be staying close by.

"I can see you were about to get scared you'd be separated.", May said as she looked at Lyra and me.

"Now let's talk about you Lyra. After all, there is a reason why Happy should drive you here. We've talked to your parents and if you want to, you can move in with us. There is enough room for all of us there. Your parents won't sell your flat in case you change your mind and so they can stay there when they are here. If you come with us, your parents have announced they will visit us shortly after we move."

I would love it if Lyra came with us. I looked at her expectantly and waited for her reaction. Lyra looked puzzled at May, then stood up and hugged her.

"Yes. I'd love to come with you!", she said afterwards, then sat down again.

We talked some more about our new home and Ruby showed us photos, but eventually Lyra said goodbye and left. Ruby also left May and me alone, she wanted to get some fresh air. I was really lucky to have such a great, caring, understanding aunt. I didn't show her often enough how grateful I was. She was standing in the kitchen when I went to hug her. I hugged her tightly and she stroked my head. I hadn't known how much I missed being close to her.

"Peter, what's wrong?", she asked anxiously.

"Nothing. Thank you for everything!"

May put her arms around me. Just enjoying it, we stood there like that.