Chapter 5

"How is she?"

"She's just drunk, young master. Her alcohol tolerance is probably low."

"....."

"Are you sure she's drunk?"

"Yes, the person who gave her the free sample said so. The drink was a new product and it was just introduced. They said it was a very strong alcohol but it tasted like sweet juice."

"I would guess that the one who gave the free drink didn't clarify her before she drank it." Said Cedric.

Lyle frowned. "Who gives free liquor samples on the streets?"

"It happens casually in that area."

"Still, who in their right mind wou-"

"Anyway, young master. This lady just needs sleep. She'll eventually wake up later." Cedric stood up, preparing to leave.

"I've also prepared the medicine for her as you've instructed. Be sure to give it her when she wakes up." He exited the room, closing the door behind him.

Lyle lets out a long groan, shifting in his seat. After carrying Thellia back to the tavern, Lyle was quite worried for he didn't know what to do in such sudden situation.

"Where should I put all of this?" Seager asked, glancing down at the bundle of food he was holding.

After finding Thellia, Lyle instructed Seager to retrieve their food. He wanted to give it to Thellia when she wakes up.

Lyle pointed at his table. "Put it there."

"Also, please have a word with whoever offered her the drink."

"Got it."

"Alright, I'm also leaving." Seager spoke, after placing the everything down.

"Hey! You're leaving me alone here?"

"Of course. I have other things to do."

"Oi-!"

Clack. Seager closed the door before Lyle could finish.

"That rascal..." Lyle mumbled. He stood up and walked to the door, but a hand suddenly stopped him.

Lyle's face lit up and looked at the person on his bed. "Are you awake?" He asked.

Thellia slowly sat up, still feeling dizzy. "What happened..." She asked, with her eyes barely open.

"Ah, do you remember drinking something? Someone offered you a drink sample for free, do you remember?"

"...Yes." She answered. Lyle glanced at Thellia's hand that was holding him, making his eyes shine.

"It was a very strong liquor. Your alcohol tolerance is quite low, so you passed out..."

'My head hurts....'

"Ah, is th-"

"Oh!" Remembering Cedric's words, Lyle quickly took the bowl of medicine. "Here have this."

Thellia, who was half awake was confused. "What is that... it smells.. bad."

"It's medicine to help with your hangover." Lyle raised the spoon to her mouth.

"Go on."

Thellia, who was barely sober did as she was told.

Lyle fed her the medicine until there was none left.

"You should rest now." He said.

By now, Thellia was quite stable as the medicine took effect quite quickly. Although, her mind was still drifting from the intoxication.