Chapter 18

Hello!

I may not reply to your comments as much, but I've been reading them all, and it really makes my day! Thank you so much for the votes and comments you've been leaving! And thank you for reading. 😭❤️

"Why did you take care of Lyle again?"

"Because he got sick?"

"Tell me the deeper reason." Said Belle.

"...." Though Thellia couldn't answer her question.

'But there is no deeper reason...'

"You can't just voluntarily take care of him just like that without meaning. You must care for him, no?"

"That..." Thellia trailed.

"I do care about him... a bit."

"But if you really look at it, you really do seem to worry about him."

"Ahh... do I..?"

"Why else would you make an effort to take care of him?"

"I was a little worried."

"Well, if you worry for a person to that extent, to the point where you'd willingly take care of him, doesn't that mean you like him?"

'I like him?'

"What, you didn't know?" Belle asked.

"Well..."

'No wonder I was quite fond of him.'

"But don't like him too much, Thellia. After all, he is known to fool around."

"Yes, I know that already." Thellia assured.

'So these feelings that I've been harboring and not acknowledging... it turns out to be me taking a liking to him..?'

Thellia had recklessly thought it was just because she saw him as a friend, that she kept on shaking the fondness she felt toward him.

She couldn't help but wonder now.

'How did I come to like Lyle?'

She wondered whether it was his angel-like features that she came to like, or whether it was his body.

She couldn't choose.

Rather, she couldn't think of what she liked about him separately. It was as if she liked him entirely.

'Though he acts like a child sometimes.'

The existence of his presence did bring her dull escape a lively light, and Thellia acknowledged that. And after all, she felt grateful for Lyle's efforts of help.

"We're closing early for today." Said the tavern owner, pulling Thellia out of her daze.

"And since tomorrow is the Lilith festival, the two of you do not need to come for work. So be sure to enjoy the festival, you two..! You two can go back and rest."

"Yes, madam. Thank you..!"

Immediately, Thellia headed to the stairs to get back to her room. Thellia began to walk the stairs, taking each steps carefully.

"Ah..." Remembering the agreement with her friends, Thellia rushed her pace to hurry up.

'Right, I have to go to Rosette's today.'

'Also...'

'Should I tell Lyle I like him?'

'But I feel as though it would be embarrassing...'