Chapter 15

Her hands gently squeezed the linen, making the few waters fall from the dampened towel. She watched as the water began to fall on the porcelain basin.

Thellia began to gently pat the dampened linen on Lyle's neck, slowly moving to his face.

She placed the linen on his forehead right after, and pulled the thick blanket over Lyle, who was asleep.

After she was sure he was tucked, Thellia rose from her seat and headed to the table, that was on the other side of the room. Thellia took a handkerchief and a needle, along with several colors of thread. Thellia went back to her seat, and carefully sat beside Lyle.

Thellia's eyes lingered on Lyle.

'He still looks beautiful even if he's sick.'

She rose from her sit once more, and left the handkerchief and the needle on the table. Thellia went to the small dresser and took out another blanket. She began to unfold the blanket, and carefully placed it over Lyle's body.

It was the second layer of blanket. Thellia wanted to make sure he wasn't cold.

And so, after she was done, Thellia sat down and began her embroidery. Since Lyle was sick, Thellia decided to embroider a flower that symbolizes healing. It was like wishing for him to get better.

Yarrow, was the flower she thought of.

Even after the amount of time that passed, the weather didn't get any better.

Thellia had shut her windows and lit the lamps. It was the light from the lamps that helped her see through the the darkness.

She was relieved that Lyle's fever had gotten better than earlier. It had been a few times since Thellia had been repeatedly damping the linen and placing it back on Lyle's forehead.

And by that time, Thellia was almost finished embroidering Lyle's handkerchief.

"-elle?" Lyle spoke in a groggy voice.

Thellia immediately put the needle and handkerchief away.

"How are you feeling?" Thellia asked.

Lyle, who was on his back, turned to his side, facing Thellia. "My head still hurts." He murmured.

"You should rest more..." said Thellia.

"It's a relief that your fever had gone down." She took hold of the damp linen that fell on the sheets from Lyle's forehead.

Lyle smiled widely as he felt her hand touch his cheek, checking his temperature. "I didn't know you were so caring." Said Lyle.

"Of course. You fainted and fell on me." She answered.

"You were heavy." Said Thellia.

"I like this side of you." Lyle smiled.

"Ah, is this your room?"

"Yes."

"It's nice."

"..."

"Thelle, my head hurts so much."

"Ah... hang on I'll get another pillow-"

"You should kiss it to make it better."

Thellia fell speechless.

"You're not a child..."

"Then it will hurt more." Lyle said.

"How does that even work-"

"Ah..! My head..." Lyle dramatically held his head.

Thellia narrowed her eyes at Lyle.

"It really... hurts." Lyle said, faking a pained voice.