Chapter 27

"My lady."

"My lady, wake up..." The faint voice softly spoke.

Thellia frowned in her sleep, as the hands shaking her moved more violently.

"-lady!"

"What?" Thellia the asked handmaiden, annoyed to have been disrupted in her sleep.

"My lady, someone is making a scene outside... they are asking for your presence..."

"This early..?" She asked, still half asleep.

"Yes, milady." The handmaiden was also confused at the situation.

"It's still dawn." Said Thellia. "Who would come to the castle this early?"

She frowned. "Did they have an appointment?"

"Ah... apparently not, my lady. The others said that the the man just showed up and immediately asked to see you..."

'Is this another suitor? Ha... they are quite dedicated.'

Thellia let out a soft groan before burying her face on the pillow. "I'm still sleepy..." She murmured.

"Then shall I tell the uninvited guest to leave?"

"Ah..." Thellia quickly raised her head from the pillow.

"No, I will be there in a few minutes."

"Understood, my lady. I will deliver the message right away." The handmaiden quickly left.

'My bed is so soft... how can I leave it?'

Knock

Knock

In an instant, the bedroom door opened.

"My lady, the fresh warm water is here." The handmaiden headed to the far side of the room and placed the porcelain basin filled with water on a table.

"Thank you, Jiliana."

The handmaiden turned to Thellia with a smile. "My lady, do you need help dressing up?"

"Oh, no. It's alright."

"Are you sure my lady?"

"Yes, I can manage."

"Alright then. Please call me anytime if you need anything. I will be right outside your door." She assured Thellia as she exited the room.

"Haa..." Thellia released a breath. Though Thellia wanted to sleep more, she knew that dealing with the uninvited guest was more important.

Thellia slowly stretched her arms after leaving her bed. She took careful steps, walking to the far corner of her bedroom.

Her hands submerged the water filled basin, cupping the lukewarm water with her hands before gently splashing it onto her face.

After she finished, she reached hands to the near clean towel to dry her face.

Her figure walked through the dark as she dried her hands and face, passing by the long windows. At a glance Thellia could immediately see the small commotion at the gates.

She frowned and went closer to get a clearer view.

'Is this the man that is making a scene?' She thought to herself.

Since it was still dark, and because of the distance, Thellia was unable to get a vivid view of the man's face. Though she could very well tell that he was speaking to the knight that was guarding the gates.

Knock

Knock

"My lady?" Asked the handmaiden from outside, making Thellia turn.