Chapter 30

'Out of all days, why did I have to encounter an accident today..!'

"Hurry up my lady! I told you... you shouldn't have gone out!"

"Father never told me which day they were going to arrive..!"

'How unlucky it is..!'

The handmaiden turned to the coachman.

"Sir, would you mind speeding up the horses?"

"Understood!"

"My lady I must reapply your rouge and powder quickly." The handmaiden took out the beauty products from her pocket.

"Ah.."

Thellia remained calm on the outside, but her heart was gradually beating faster as she neared the castle.

She was nervous.

Her heart dwelled at the thought of a betrothal with another. She hated the mere thought.

"What..?"

"Did the guests arrive?"

"They entered the territory a while ago my lady. Then they must already be at the castle." The handmaiden answered just as she carefully applied the red rouge on Thellia's lips.

Thellia was frozen in place. "Hahh..."

"What was the name of the man and the Marquis again? I seem to have forgotten."

"Elvoye, my lady. The Marquis is sir Verilleon Elvoye, and the name of your fiancé candidate is Hellion Elvoye."

"We are nearing the gates, my lady!" Said loudly by the coachman.

"Oh dear! My lady I must also fix your dress!"

"And hair-!"

The hand maiden hurriedly tightened the ribbons and fixed the unkempt ruffles on the hem of Thellia's elegant dress. Not long before the handmaiden leaned up to tidy Thellia's hair.

Just as the handmaiden finished, the carriage also came into a stop.

"We have arrived!"

"My lady," Thre handmaiden instantly opened the carriage door and went down.

"Let's go, my lady." She offered her hand up to Thellia, offering to support.

As Thellia stepped out of the carriage, she immediately noticed the large yet elegant carriages with golden linings.

'Have the guests arrived? I don't recall owning such a carriage, then it must be the guests...'

"Let's go, my lady..!" The handmaiden pulled Thellia by the hand and ran in a hurry.

"You must greet the guests..!" Said the handmaiden.

"I know..!"

Thellia swallowed a breath as they entered the main door.

The handmaiden stopped another handmaiden that was passing. "Juliana..! What time did the guests arrive?"

"Oh, my! You're just in time, my lady! The guest arrived not long ago."