Chapter 28

Lyle emptied another glass of liquor.

"Ha..."

His wet tears that covered his cheeks had finally dried.

"Give me another glass..." He drunkenly murmured.

It's been several weeks since he was forced to part from Thellia, returning to Ellith with a broken heart.

Cedric heaved a sigh. "There's no more left, young master."

"Give me another glass." Lyle repeated.

"There is none left."

"Then I'll go get one myself." Lyle stood up, forcing himself to walk despite his worsening headache from the uncountable glasses of liquor he had drank, only to stumble on the ground.

"Enough drinking, young master."

"No- Ugh..." Lyle wiped the liquor off his lips.

"If I don't drink... I'll only keep thinking about Thelle..."

His servant released a sigh.

"But even if you do drink, all you do is cry."

"Isn't it clear that being a drunkard is no use?" He added.

Cedric held his hand out to assist Lyle up. He supported Lyle's weight and carefully put him on the bed.

However, Lyle stubbornly went back to the table, stumbling a few steps before collapsing on the chair.

"Ugh..." Lyle groaned, feeling the worsening headache.

Ever since his return, Lyle had been drowning himself in liquor in attempt to forget the painful rejection from Thellia.

He was truly heartbroken and had become depressed. Despite that, Lyle had never once thought about blaming Thellia. It was only the pain and the memory of her rejection that he wanted to erase.

He came to love and cherish her so dearly that couldn't bring himself to forget her. To Lyle, even if she caused him pain, he still vowed to keep loving her and only her.

"-elle..." He drunkenly murmured her name.

"Ugh..."

In the far corner, Lyle noticed a shining glass. It was one of the liquors that Cedric hid.

Lyle was quick to reach his hand to the glass, but Cedric's hand was faster.

"Enough, young master." He said.

"No-!" Lyle pulled the glass to him.

Cedric, however, was determined to not let go.

"It is the master's order..!"

"I don't care!" Lyle yelled. "Give me..!"

"Do you want to see miss Thellia again?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do!" Even the stench of his breath smelled like liquor.

"If you continue on being a drunkard, you'll die from drinking too much and you won't be able to see her again." Cedric threatened.

"....." Lyle grew silent as he loosened his hold on the glass.

'I thought so.' Cedric thought.

'Though my words did not mean to go that far.'

"Fine..!"

Cedric's eyes widened, not expecting Lyle steal the glass from his grip.

"Young master-!" He immediately tried to retrieve the liquor from Lyle.