Chapter 8

'Again with these flowers and dowdy letters.'

Thellia stared at the letter that was sealed with wax, along with the flower that it came with. It was every day that she had been finding letters in front of her door. She knew very well, to whom the letters were from.

Heaving a sigh, Thellia went back inside with the letter in hand. She placed the letter on her table, stacked with other letters from Lyle. She put the flower on the almost full vase.

"How persistent." She mumbled.

Though, as many times as Lyle had sent her such things, Thellia was nowhere near moved. To her, it was all cheesy, that it so much made her cringe.

She left the room, leaving the unopened letter behind. With a careful pace, Thellia headed downstairs for her daily work. She was more than happy to help the owner of the tavern, because of the woman's kindness for letting her stay.

And once again, Thellia was assigned to pick out the ingredients like before.

Upon arrival to the town center, Thellia looked around carefully. Thellia passed by the stores and shops, remembering it clearly from last time.

Although, her heart felt somewhat nervous.

'What is this unsettling feeling?' Thought Thellia. She couldn't seem shake the feeling that something was about to happen. Thellia felt somewhat anxious, but she chose to ignore it and continued ahead.

Lyle, on the other hand, was in the flower shop, yet again. He tapped his foot on the ground as he was amidst of deciding, what flower he should get Thellia. Along with flowers for his other lovers.

"Do you need help?" Asked a feminine voice.

"Yes, I'm having a hard time picking."

"Is it a gift?"

"Yes-" Lyle looked up, but stopped mid sentence.

His lips immediately curved into a smile. "You happen to be new."

"Oh, not really. My mother had something important to do, so she asked me to run the shop for the day."

"So you're the owners daughter?"

"Yes." The young maiden tucked her hair behind her ear while smiling at the man.

"Are you looking for a gift?"

"Yes."

"For a lover?"

"Ye-" Lyle stopped, he smiled at the woman before continuing.

"No, actually my friend wanted to buy flowers for his wife. He was occupying today, so he asked me instead."

"Oh, is that so?" The maiden glanced at the decorated peony.

"Pink peonies should be perfect." She raised the bouquet of flowers, but halted.

"Are you going to get a whole bouquet, or are you getting separate flowers?"

"A bouquet." Lyle smiled charmingly.

'An entire bouquet is just enough for all my ladies.'

"That would be three six coins." She handed him the bouquet of pink peonies.

"Ah, hang on." Lyle's hands went to his pocket, searching for the coins.