Chapter 6: Mutants

"To the X-Men."

The Maximoff family had a lot of things explained to them on the way to New York. The Charles Xavier School For Gifted Youngster was located in Rochester, coincidentally near where Ventus and his friends were.

Charles Xavier was the founder of the school, hence the name, and he was one of the many mutants in the world with a special power. He was a telepath, like Billy, but much more advanced. He and a group of other mutants started a group called the X-Men, helping out around the country when they could.

He held in his possession Cerebro, the machine that could help him find the mutants around the world, including Wanda and the twins.

Years ago when Wanda was a baby, her father, Erik Lensherr, later known as Magneto had learned from another mutant Jean Grey about his daughter's future as The Scarlet Witch, from a psychic premonition.

Everything seemed to check out, so Erik gave Wanda away to Irene and Oleg Maximoff in Sokovia to hide her secret away. Their son was born around the same time, so they agreed to name him Pietro, to help keep the secret from Wanda.

But due to a mutant blood transfer, Pietro ended up with the same powers as Wanda's actual brother, Peter. And that's why they were together when Ultron tried to take over the world.

But then, Thanos happened, and The X-Men were devastated. Magneto didn't give up hope, though as Charles found Wanda after the population came back, safe and sound.

Then, the Westview incident began, and Xavier realized that Wanda was not only powerful, but very dangerous, creating and resurrecting her dead husband and taking a whole town under control.

So Charles sent Peter to help Wanda out and bring her back to the school, but of course Agatha Harkness found him first, controlling him and using him as a puppet for Wanda.

It wasn't until after Westview was freed and Billy and Tommy were safe outside of The Hex that Peter was able to explain all of this.

And now, Wanda's past had caught up with her. She had to meet her real family.

Peter walked up to the school with his sister and nephews. "Alright, here we are."

"So you're saying my real father is here?"

"Our real father." Peter corrected.

"Wanda."

A figure levitated above the roof of the school and hovered down to the ground. He took off his helmet to reveal his face.

"My name is Erik. I assume Peter told you everything?"

Wanda nodded. "I understand why you kept me from you. I did a horrible thing, taking that town under control. But... I think I just need to take some time to figure myself out."

"That is understandable." Magneto said. "Although, first, I think you should meet some of the other mutants."

The main door opened and a man in a wheelchair rolled out to the family. It was Professor Xavier.

"Hello, Wanda." Xavier greeted. "It's good to finally meet you. I'm Charles Xavier."

Wanda smiled. "It's good to meet you too."

Other mutants appeared outside and walked out of the school to see The Scarlet Witch.

"Woah... Are we famous?" Tommy asked excitedly.

"We're mutants." Wanda replied.

"That's very true." Charles said with a smile. "We can all catch you up inside. You can decide what you want to do after that."