Chapter 10: Lies

There was gonna be a lot of explaining to do.

"What were you thinking going out there alone?"

The twins hung their heads. "It's our fault." Billy admitted.

Tommy looked up. "What? It's not your fault, I was the one who pushed you to go."

"Yeah, but I agreed to go with you. And so did Oliver. We all made a mistake."

Wanda and Sarah looked at the children's somber faces. They felt compassion for the boys. And they'd already explained multiple times that they felt trapped in the X-Mansion and just wanted to get out and have some fun. They were kids, after all.

"We thought Larry was gone. We didn't think anything was gonna happen."

"Well, it did." Wanda replied. "Luckily, Oliver still gets to go to school because Larry won't attack him in the daytime. But you boys stay here since you instigated the whole thing."

Tommy hung his head. "We deserve that."

"We understand your reasoning." Sarah interjected. "But it's still not safe out there."

"Once Larry and Farouk are gone, we'll go right back to our house in the suburbs. Ok?" Wanda promised, looking into their eyes.

They nodded, still feeling shameful for the night's event.

"Now, let's all get some sleep. Oliver needs to go to school tomorrow... so he doesn't raise any questions from the teachers."

The women left, and Tommy sat there, starting to cry.

Oliver saw this and wrapped his arms around the boy, hugging him. Billy joined in, loving on his brother.

"I still feel like this is all my fault."

Billy shook his head. "We all went out, and we all agreed to go into Oliver's house. We should have known those kids would do something reckless like summon Larry."

Oliver got out the paper he'd written on before and wrote down something else.

My fault
I wanted to go
Into the house

Tommy embraced both boys. "I'm just glad we're all safe."

They all laid down together on the twin beds, tired from the commotion of their eventful night. Everyone needed rest after that.

But for Charles Xavier, he couldn't rest if he tried. There was something he saw when Billy reached out through the astral plane that he couldn't get out of his mind.

Yes, he saw Larry. And no, Farouk wasn't in him at that time, but that wasn't what scared of.

Wanda had something inside her that Charles was aware of, but hadn't really worried about. But now...

The prophecies that Agatha Harkness foretold had come true. But Billy and Tommy surviving stopped her from using the dark magic that she could have used if they hadn't. If she was really destined to be The Scarlet Witch, then why didn't her Chaos Magic cause destruction yet? Was it Xavier's interference, Peter's brotherly love, or... Had it just not happened yet?

Prophecies could take a long time to be fulfilled. But Charles thought this whole experience could help stop her from fulfilling it. This potential evil could be prevented.

He hoped this was true. Because if it wasn't, things could go very wrong, very quick. And he couldn't let that happen.

As for Wanda herself, she was just happy that her children were alright. She didn't know what she'd do if they got hurt or... Died. She'd probably go crazy.