Chapter 15: Comeback

It was their time to protect their home.

Wanda watched as the kids piled into the car and drove off to school. She hoped they would be alright with all of the stuff going on. It was stressful, but they were getting through it.

"You kids have a good night last night?" Sarah asked.

"Uncle P grounded us." Tommy complained.

"It was for a good reason." Billy pointed out.

"I'm sure it was. Anything other than that?"

"We made a new friend." Oliver typed into his phone.

"Oh, that's great. And you've got your friends at school, I think this might be a good turnout for you guys."

The kids smiled at each other as they rode to a new day at school. Hopefully this day would turn out great for them.

Sarah waved to the boys as they grabbed their backpacks and walked into the school. It was sure to be fun for them, but the mother had her own things going on.

She sped her car back to the X-Mansion to meet with her husband.

......

Marty paced around the hallway, waiting for his wife. Today was a big one.

"So what do we do now?" He asked frantically. "The kids are in school and they don't even know we're about to go to war with a dangerous mutant!"

"Relax." Sarah replied. "Just don't tell the kids, the X-Men will take care of it before they come back. I trust them... Do you?"

Marty smiled, taking her hands. "Yeah... I'm just really scared."

"Me too. But all we can do now is wait."

..........

Charles Xavier floated over to David.

"Are you ready?"

The man nodded. "Yeah. He's probably gonna get to his body very soon. Is Cary ready with The Choke?"

"We will all get in position soon. Now, all we need is Wanda."

"Yeah, Wanda.... Where is Wanda?"

..........

Westview was not far for Wanda. With her powers as The Scarlet Witch, she could travel to Westview in a heartbeat because she knew the town. She'd dreamed of it every night. Vision was in her mind at all times, along with her boys.

But now, only one person was in her mind.

She flew past the sign and over the trees, right to the house of the neighborly woman who had taught her how to use her magic in the first place.

Agatha Harkness stood on the edge of her lawn, placing purple flowers into the grass.

"Hiya, hon! How're you doing this fine day?"

"Oh, I think you know."

Wanda put her hand over Agatha's eyes, transforming her back into her witch outfit.

"Oh, Wanda. You finally need me now? Want me to say 'I told you so'?"

"Don't make me regret this." Wanda said seriously in her Sokovian accent. "This is bigger than just the two of us. There's a dangerous mutant out there who wants to destroy the world. I can't tell you everything, but I can tell you this. His power exceeds mine."

"And you need a witch to stop him. I like how you're thinking. When do we start?"
___________________________________________

The bell rang and the kids walked out of the classroom to go to lunch. Billy and Tommy sat down with Byron and their friends.