16.

Storm is brewing.
UNEDITED

Dylan:

"This a country club? This a lounge, shawty." Rayne whispered as we walked into the cafe. I giggled lowly and gripped her hand as we walked over to the table where Stacy was sitting. She was alone, scrolling through her phone as she chewed her gum.

"Hey girl." I breathed as I walked over, both of us kissing each other's cheek. She looked up at Rayne who just waved awkwardly before pulling my seat back for me. I smiled and sat down, watching as she sat down next to me and immediately grabbed the menu as she slipped into her own world.

"She doesn't talk much, doesn't she?" Stacy asked as she watched Rayne look through the menu, her eyebrows furrowing as she tried to understand what certain foods were.

Take daddy's dick, baby..

Good fùcking girl..

I love the way you look sucking my dick, baby.

Yeah ma, cum on daddy's dick.

"Mm. No not really." I chuckled awkwardly as I fanned my face with the menu, my body heating up from my mind slipping straight into the gutter as she asked her question. I was wearing a turtle neck and black fitted tights with some heels, having to cover my body because after our session this morning, someone decided to cover me in hickies.

Not that I didn't like it, of course.

"The fuck is this?" Rayne whispered with a frown as she stared at the picture of the escargot that was on the menu causing me to giggle.

"Hi, are you ready to order?" The waitress asked as she walked up to the table. I looked at Stacy to see she was looking through  the menu before smiling.

"I'll take the escargot and the house salad with arugula on the side. And breadsticks as an appetizer, please." She responded.

"And you?" The waitress asked as she looked down at me. I looked down the menu for a second before picking my entree.

"The salmon with the small sweet potato purée.  And you babe?" I asked as I looked over at Rayne who was staring at me with red cheeks at the pet name I gave her. I never called her a pet name in public and I'm sure it took her for a loop which made me smile wider.

Rayne shrugged and I chuckled before grabbing the menu.

"She'll have the sirloin steak with the house salad and a beer." I ordered, laughing as Rayne rubbed her stomach and nodded, putting a thumbs up.

"Normal people food. Yes." She whispered causing me to chuckle and roll my eyes. The waitress walked away and I looked over at Stacy to see her looking between us both with a goofy grin on her face.

"What?"

"I fucking knew it." She squealed before clapping. I grew confused and watched as Kelsey along with her friend Sasha walked over causing me to sigh.

"What did we know? Besides the fact an invite was definitely forgotten on this side." Kelsey grinned, her eyes lingering on Rayne causing me to clear my throat.

Loud.

"Nothing! It was just us three for tonight. It's up to Dylan on whether or not you can join us." Stacy grinned. I could see the annoyance behind her eyes and it caused me to squint slightly before shooting Kelsey and Sasha a smile despite the fact I caught all three of them gossiping about me when I left the restaurant that night.

"Sure." I grinned, Rayne's hand finding mine under the table and squeezing it. I caressed the back of hers with my thumb as I tried my best to act nice, Kelsey still staring at Rayne as she sat down next Sasha.

"And you are-"

"Handsome I should say." Sasha snickered causing Kelsey to playfully scoff and roll her eyes with a giggle.

"Their name is Rayne, Dylan's partner." Stacy responded with a slight attitude, cashing Kelsey to look over with faux shock as she flipped her strawberry blonde locks over her shoulder.

"Oh wow, what made you decide to change?" Kelsey asked as she leaned in, her eyes bouncing from mine to Rayne's causing Rayne to squeeze my hand again.

"Change what? Just because you didn't know my sexual orientation doesn't mean anything changed. It's just simply something I've kept to myself." I stated with a fake grin, causing Kelsey to hum as she scrunched up her nose with a cheesy smile.

The table was quiet for a while, the waitress bringing our entrees and taking Kelsey's order along with Sasha's. I watched as Rayne cut into her steak and placed a piece onto my plate.

"You don't want salmon?" I asked her. She wrinkled her nose and shook her head before leaning in and kissing my cheek before digging into her food.

Everyone was silent, their eyes lingering on both Rayne and I, the sound of nails tapping against their phones filling our table. I started to eat, my eyes meeting with Stacy's, the look on her face causing me to grow confused.

Then her phone chimed.

She looked down at it before scoffing and looking at Kelsey and Sasha who were still typing on their phones, Stacy's phone continuously chiming.

Then Rayne stood up.

"Fuck outta here bro. Y'all mad fake." She spat as she threw the champagne glass at Kelsey, causing her to gasp dramatically as her outfit became soaked with champagne. I looked around in confusion along with everyone else in the restaurant as Stacy stood up and glared at both Kelsey and Sasha with a look I've never seen before.

"What the-"

"I saw what you was saying, you bitch. Before you call anyone a nigger, take the hoops out ya ear and them long ass booty scratchers. And Stacy, I saw ya response. Come on, you don't gotta stay here with them bro." Rayne spat as she clenched her fists.

"W-what?" I asked quietly as I stood up. Stacy nodded and ran over, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as I tried to keep my composure.

"Kelsey called you a nigger in the group chat and said that you're acting more and more ghetto everyday. So I told her to eat shit and that there's no one more disgraceful than her."

I laughed, before looking at Kelsey to see her staring at me with fear. I felt the tears of embarrassment well in my eyes before nodding and taking my purse and walking out of the restaurant.

I ignored everyone's calls for me as I cried, walking down the straight in a hurry to avoid the embarrassment I was feeling. I wanted nothing more than to lay down in bed.

I was so tired of being sick and tired. Of being interpreted as something that I never thought I'd ever be interpreted as.

But I guess no matter how much you alter your personality, your skin color will never change in their eyes.