Chapter 4

11 years ago...

It was a new year! Krist ran and put his arms around his friends. "We are finally in the same class!" Both Gun and Arm laughed, hugging their friend.

"Where is Off?" Krist asked looking around, while both Gun and Arm rolled their eyes.

"We had to call him like 20 times before he answered his phone. He thought it was still Sunday'" Arm said while rubbing his temples.

Gun missed his friends. During the school holidays, he went back home to spend some time with his family. Even if they texted and called each other nonstop, it wasn't the same as being with them.

Since the 3 of them got to school early and before Off, they decided to plan their surprise.

It was a surprise for Off's 17th birthday. It's in a couple of weeks. Boys decided to throw him a surprise at Gun's apartment. It had the biggest space and a huge tv for them to play games. More importantly, he lived alone, which meant there was no one to try and crash their party.

Around midday, Off managed to sneak in through the gate while the guard was busy. He hoped his friends were able to cover the classes he missed. It wasn't his fault, Off tried to reason with himself. He may have gotten the date wrong and played games until 5 am. He still felt sleep-deprived.

Other than being tall, handsome, and athletic, he was a friendly person. If you take 100 people from his school, 70 of them would have some sort of a crush on him. People would often come and confess, yet he had always politely turned them down. He didn't know why, it just didn't feel right. No one that confessed to him made him feel anything that should have resembled "liking" someone.

After he rejected another confession on his first day back, he ran to the cafeteria and put his arm around his best friend. "Gun! I'm hungry, did you order for me?"

Gun didn't remove his arm but he did move his plate of food, earning him a puppy face until he gave up and moved his plate back.

"Who comes to school at mid-day! And on our first day!" Gun complained. "We had to take turns pretending to be you for the roll call. Do you know how hard it is to imitate your whiny voice?"

Off only listened to the rant, he was too busy stuffing his face with Gun's food to answer.

When his stomach was finally satisfied, he leaned in next to Gun's ear and whispered, "But, you love listening to my voice." That got him a view of tinted cheeks and a punch in the arm.

Both Krist and Arm were giving each other suspecting glances which went unnoticed by the other two.