Chapter 8

Off was the last to arrive at Gun's place. Others had already changed and were waiting for him.

As to what they were going as? None of them wanted to wear it! However, thanks to certain someone, they had lost a bet and ended up in Teletubbies costumes.

"I can't believe we have to wear this," Complained Krist.

"Who told you to lose the bet and you even dragged us into it!" Gun barked back.

"Ok, ok, let's go! We are not wearing this the whole time. We'll change to other costumes when we get there," Arm was just trying to get to the party in one piece.

Their Teletubbies entrance set the whole mood at the party! There were so many videos and pictures floating around. Their so-called friends were having a blast, at their expense.

"Ok time's up! I'm going to get changed," Gun didn't want their friends to have any more pictures than they already did. He didn't even want to imagine all the times he will get bribed with these in the future.

They went back and had changed into the original costumes they actually wanted to wear.

Krist was in a military uniform, Arm as a pirate, Gun in fireman overalls, and Off as an astronaut.

As the boys went back to the party, three cakes were brought in front, and everyone sang Happy Birthday.

The party was a great success. Gun wanted to take a little breather from the crowd. He took a bottle of water with him to a quieter area, taking in the city lights.

He looked up, it was hard to spot any stars, there were a lot of clouds covering the sky. As he took a sip of water from his bottle, he felt someone's body against his.

Gun didn't bother turning to look, he didn't need to. There were only so few that came to his personal space as if it was their own. In fact, there was only one, "Clouds are covering all the stars!"

"They are just hiding, if you are willing to wait they'll eventually show themselves," That made Gun chuckle. He turned to look at Off.

"Since when did you become philosophical?" Off didn't answer. Just watched the sky.

"You changed your costume?" Gun tried again. 

"It was too hot."

What's with him? he was acting weird.

"You know, you haven't wished me Happy Birthday yet."

At that, Off looked at Gun with a smile, "Happy Birthday Gun!" And noticed Gun was holding out his hand.

"What?"

"My present, You promised!"

Off shook his head and laughed. Of course! Gun would never forget something like that.

"I left it at your place, when we go back I'll give it to you."

"Then let's go and say bye to everyone, I can't wait to see what you got me." Gun was almost bouncing as he walked back.

---

Gun was excited, talking about how well the party turned out. Except for the beginning. He was still bitter at having to embarrass himself in front of everyone. He was telling Off all the ways he wanted to get back at Krist for it. Gun didn't notice that Off was a little nervous. 

As they entered the house, Off had told Gun to wait at the balcony and he'll bring out the present.

When Off entered, Gun turned towards him and said, "You were right, they showed up," And then his eyes went down to Off's hand.

It didn't matter that it was dark outside, Off could see the excitement in his eyes. He handed the box.

Inside, there was a white gold necklace with a pendant. It looked like an infinity sign and had small stones around it. Maybe green? He couldn't exactly tell with the lack of lights. When he touched it, he felt an odd bump. 

Inspecting it closely, "Off! I think this is broken, it seems to be missing a piece. Gun looked worried.

"Let me see," Off held it and scanned it, then put it be back in Gun's hand.

"You know, I designed this myself. It's not broken," Gun was not convinced, pointing at the gap.

"I think it looks more like the letter G, don't you think?"

Gun glanced at the pendant closely again. Wait! Are these their initials? Surely not, right?

Off was amused. Watching Gun's gobsmacked face, "You think so loud. Yes, it is what you are thinking. Do you like it?"

Gun managed to stutter a yes. He was suddenly feeling a bit overwhelmed. Off took the necklace from him and put it around his neck, "It looks good on you."

"Gun..." Off was trying to find the right words.

Gun waited, trying to calm himself. His fingers mindlessly draw circles around the new object on his neck.

Off finally seemed determined, "Would it be selfish for me to ask for a present on your birthday?" Off couldn't keep eye contact, "Maybe there are two presents..." He trailed off. 

That brought Gun out of his thoughts, he made Off look at him. "Very selfish!" he was terrible at keeping a straight face though, which made Off relax a little.

"I'll make up for it." Off whispered.

Gun was curious, "What is it?"

"Can I kiss you?"