|17| Special Kid

Madeline POV

I then leave the house because I can't deal with anybody anymore. I go to the grill and start drinking. I continue drinking until a lot later on in the day. Whenever I get drunk I never return home to a quite house like other people I don't ever get home and cause the noise and make a scene because I'm drunk. When I get home it's always hell, there's always an issue I have to sober up for and most the time that happens. I sober up and fix the problem asap.

Once I get home as expected there's a problem. A pretty huge one at that. Stefan's gotten away because Elena gave him the ring back. The daylight ring!
"why do that!" I yell at her and she doesn't answer.
"The bigger problem here is he's not taken the ring. He's out and going to kill himself" Damon says and once again my heart breaks and this time I can't take it. I walk over to a book shelf and smash it onto the ground. Then another and another. Damon then takes us to where Stefan is. This time Elena agreed to let me go.
"Thought I might find you here. I know your story dad. It's one I've grown very fond to" I say.
"I should have died that night, just like I had chosen. I should have let Damon die too" he says. He looks broken, completely and utterly broken.
"But you didn't. And if you die now it won't change what happened"I say.
"Every single person that's been hurt... every single life that's been lost it's because of me." He says and I pause thinking of my next move.
"The night my mother died, I pushed her so much about coming to mystic falls she said she wanted to wait a day or two but I pushed her, if I hadn't maybe she would have been alive." I say.
"Our actions are what set things in motion. But we have to live with that" I say.
"I made a choice Madi, and because of that choice a lot of people were hurt" he says.
"That choice was also the choice that lead us here, that's the person who let Lexi help him, the person who despite his brothers actions still forgave him that's the person who's my father." I say and feel a tear fall down my cheek.
"It hurts me all the time knowing what I've done. And everyday I think that if I just if I just give myself over to the blood that pain will stop. It would be that easy and everyday I fight that. And I am so terrified that one day I'm not gonna wanna fight anymore Madeline. And the next time I hurt somebody it could be Elena, I mean I already hurt you." Stefan says.
"Let me tell you this, I bet you didn't know that I haven't ever killed somebody, I haven't ever killed a human by feeding on them. I've only ever drank form blood bags. I'm scared that if I try a drop of fresh blood I may turn into you. I may loose control. But if I stick to blood bags I'm fine I have an urge yes but I don't know what it's like to taste a fresh human. I'm scared everyday that my curiosity might just get the better of me and I'll ruin myself. With nobody there to help me back" I say. At this point we are both in tears.
" now you can either take your ring and throw it in the quarry and let the sun rise or you can put it on and keep fighting. Even if it's not for me, right for Elena. She needs you. I need you. Damon needs you." I say placing the ring in his hand.
"It's your choice" I say and walk away. It takes everything in my to walk away. To let him decide weather to die or not.
"Madeline" he says and puts his ring back on, he then walks over to me and hugs me. The tightest I've ever been hugged.
"Your a special girl and I'll never treat you horribly again" he says kissing my forehead. We then make our way home and  Elena runs over and kisses him both Elena and I then go to bed. Both too tired to continue this.
"Thankyou Damon " I hear Stefan say.
"For what?" Damon questions.
"For being a better dad to Madeline than I am" he says.
"I'm not her father" Damon says laughing.
"But you love her like she's your daughter am I right?" He questions.
"Of course you are she's a special Kid" Damon says.
"So once again I thank you" Stefan's says and I stop listening to the conversation.
__________________________
Follow

Like

Comment

Please and thanks