┃Are you lonesome tonight?, part two

After the security guards left with the specific task, Michael was left alone with Gladys. They were fenced off from the driver, so they had privacy.

—Eating here with two gorillas is lousy — Michael said. — Gus and Sam don't have manners, and I have a lady here.

— What do you mean? — Gladys raised an eyebrow, and he suddenly blushed and began:

—I know what this might look like, but I'd like to talk to you. And eat pizza. Wouldn't it be a problem if we went to my hotel room?

Gladys clenched her fist and took a deep breath. She wouldn't have expected him to try to get her to bed, he was too weak at all of this, but you never know.

—It's nothing immoral — Michael added quickly. —It's my habit. Me and my sister Janet do this a lot when she comes to visit me. But now she is absent and I would like to spend time with someone. I'm leaving for concerts tomorrow and I don't want to be alone.

— How do I know you just want to talk? — she asked quietly and involuntarily moved away from him.— When a guy invites a girl into a room, he only means one thing.

—I'm not like that — Michael assured in a whisper. —I just wanted to talk and watch a cartoon with you.

—A cartoon — Gladys picked up. — Maybe Beauty and the Beast, where it will be revealed that there is a full version and we will see the main characters playing love games, huh?

—You're sarcastic — Michael felt offended. — Yes, I mean the cartoon. I'd rather watch Cinderella, but Bambi, but yes, I also have Beauty and the Beast and this normal, real version.

Gladys didn't know what to say. It was all so strange ... reuniting, his sudden desire to be friends with her. And this is an invitation to a hotel room ...

—Okay — she said suddenly. —Let's check out your cartoons.

—Do you really agree?— Michael couldn't believe it, and Gladys rolled her eyes.

— What did I just say? Yes, Michael, I agree.

—That's great — Michael clapped his hands together like an excited child. — Later my driver will drive you home.

—All right — Gladys nodded, knowing she would rather ask for a ride to the area where her motel was located. She did not want Michael to find out that she did not live in a beautiful mansion, but in an ordinary motel.

Finally the security guards returned with the pizza boxes and the limo started moving.

***

As Michael ushered Gladys into the hotel room, carrying a box of pizza, the girl raised her eyebrows at the sight of the room.

For a star of this size, Michael chose a modest, small room with a comfortable bed, wardrobe and TV set.

—I actually booked the entire ground floor — Michael explained, setting the box on the bed and taking off his sunglasses. —I had a few gigs recently and worked in a recording studio and preferred to be here than at home.

—Are you still living with your parents?— She asked, still standing, and he nodded.

—More — he said. — But that'll probably change soon. I'd like to buy a special house, maybe a ranch of some kind, but so far I don't have my eye on it. I still have time. You also live with your father.

—Now I'm visiting my family — she lied. —But yes, I live with him, but I don't want to talk about my father.—

—No problem — Michael raised his hands in surrender and opened the box. The smell of fresh pizza made Gladys realize she was really hungry. — Please sit down and eat. I have plates here somewhere ...